Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Summer Slaughter 2011 Thread. (NSFW)

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i am actual listening to his right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEAAWgjPQCM&feature=related

talk about emotion...
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Rap music is all about real life.
    Yeah, everyday I keep it real in the hood. I got it tough man, sometimes my mom tells me to unload the dishwasher.
    lolno listen to lupe fiasco, Kanye , Kid Cudi, Tech N9ne
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Honestly the best way I can describe it is, I like music with emotion. Music that makes you feel a certain way, like happy, sad, etc. For me, Rap is all just an act, guys trying to act tough and what not, that's not emotion. Same with Core, if I want to see a bunch of kids try and act tough, I would watch Jersey Shore.
    Yup...that's why rappers got shot and even killed <_>
    Someone needs to make a jayface counter for Leah. I'm afraid to tell you, Rap today is complete shit. It went from gang wars to stealing mic's from Country stars.
    why you so close minded homie?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    If you think that kind of rap is non-exsistant then good for you...it's still there. You just have to find it through all the bullshit. And core is laughable
    imageimage
    For me, Rap is all just an act, guys trying to act tough and what not, that's not emotion. Same with Core, if I want to see a bunch of kids try and act tough,
    Someone obviously hasn't heard Kid Cudi and is obviously ignorant about Core. BMTH just released one of the most emotional albums I've ever heard. Nothing "tough guy" about it. Quit stereotyping that shit.

I have never seen so many people jump on a band wagon like everyone did for Kid Cudi since Lady Gaga came along. I heard BMTH's new album, and I took nothing from it. In my opinion, you have to hear all songs by a band before you hate them, and I have heard far too much Core for my brain cells to stand.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Core is extremely emotional. Like you said, I love emotional Music. Exactly why I've drifted over to Core. Way more serious and emotional. I'm sick of the usual Sacreligious, gore, political, fantasy, dragons, etc. lyrics of all types of Metal. I connect with Core way more because of that exact reason.
    I like Limp Bizkit... I'm not close-minded.
    If you think that kind of rap is non-exsistant then good for you...it's still there. You just have to find it through all the bullshit. And core is laughable
    Name me 5 Rappers today that still carry the same attitude/image that guys like the NWA did back in the 90's.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    what is core?
    Metalcore, Deathcore, etc.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited March 2011
    Name me 5 Rappers today that still carry the same attitude/image that guys like the NWA did back in the 90's.
    Wiz Khalifa , Big Sean , Tech N9ne , Yeezy , Pusha T
    edited March 2011
    you said you didnt like core(whatever that means) and rap? closing out an entire genre of music is being closeminded and liking limp bizkit doesnt make you open minded
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    When it comes to rap, I prefer Gangsta Rap, because of how silly it is. I know they guys were extremely serious at the time they wrote it, but it's still funny.
    what is core?
    Metalcore, Deathcore, etc.
    hardcore/metalcore/deathcore/grindcore, ect... are all very different in musically and lyrically, most bands nowadays have some kind of hardcore/punk influences
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I really don't care enough to find any. I don't really listen to rap anymore but to say there isn't any is kind of eh. Because I'm sure it's out there, you just don't see it on mtv or anywhere because what's popular now is electronic beats, autotune, and pussy.

Also...I don't see what's so emotional with core besides emo
    imageimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    BLACK N YELLOW BLACK N YELLOW
    imageimage

Also...I don't see what's so emotional with core besides emo
    every hardcore album I have ever listened to has thrived on raw emotion weather it be positive or negative.
    Wiz Khalifa , Big Sean , Tech N9ne , Yeezy , Pusha T
    Oh please, jokers like those can't hold a candle to any Rapper from the 90's. Just look at the first one you named:

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Emotional Rappers?

Ever hear of that extremely mentally fucked up dude that shared his horrible story of his life with the world? Uh....Eminem? When did that dude EVER mention how much money he has? Or how much swag he has?

Kid Cudi
    Kanye (Yes, his Music is actually emotional, asides from his ego.)
    Immortal Technique, dude gets straight depressing.

Don't be ignorant.