Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Lemmy is God

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited February 2011 in Off Topic
On combining the muscularity of metal with the speed of punk rock:

Lemmy: "It just felt natural for me to do so. It was different from HAWKWIND. It was a much better fit and that's the way it's stayed all of these years."

On the variety in the music offered by Kilmister and company over the years:

Lemmy: "There is a certain style of MOTÖRHEAD. But there are differences from album to album. Each song stands on its own. But the thing is that we go all out with each song. We give as much energy as we can."

On being bored during this politically correct era in rock:

Lemmy: "It kills me how bland this period is. You go backstage these days and you see 20 bottles of Perrier and a bag of nuts. What's wrong with this fucking picture? Everything is so healthy today and it's terrible. I don't get it."

On today's rock and pop stars:

Lemmy: "What the fuck is it about John Mayer? Someone should explain him to me. And the same goes for Justin Bieber. They're all such boring people. They're so fucking serious. I'm not interested in people as boring as that. It's a shame these people are popular entertainers."

On indulging in the virtues of hip-hop:

Lemmy: "Why should I do that when it's not music. There's nothing creative about doing that [rapping] over music someone else created. They go out and take John Bonham's drumming. I don't call that music. You think they [rappers] could come up with sounds of their own, even some basic sounds and they can't do it. Sad."

On continuing to release albums:

Lemmy: "Making music is still a good time for us. As long we continue to have fun and people come out there's no reason to stop what we're doing."

Comments