Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Welcome To Hell Tour Was Fantastic Last Night

SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited February 2011 in Off Topic
Veil of Maya was amazing. their bassist plays a 7 string bass. im no instrument expert and dont claim to be, but i dont think i've ever seen a 7 string bass, atleast not live. so at first i thought it was just a guitar. but i took a second look at it and it was way too big to be a guitar. then i saw/heard him checking to see if it was tuned right or something and i was like, "damn, that is a bass". their guitarist is pretty talented, but as i said im no expert so i dont know whats hard to play and whats not, but it sounded like whatever he was playing was pretty complicated, and he was playing fast as hell. vocals were damn good too. most deathcore bands' vocals sound pretty bad live, but not theirs. Whitechapel kicked ass. although on certain songs the vocals didnt sound too great. but on songs like Reprogrammed To Hate among some others, the vocals sounded good. all in all, i had a blast. there was this one kid that got knocked out. i dont know if he was in the pit or crowd surfing but he landed into my legs, and was laying against my legs. i was waiting for him to get up but he didnt. then i heard some people yelling "He's knocked out!", so me and a few other people just grabbed him, picked him up and handed him to security over the rail (cause we were right up front). hope he's ok. when the security guy we handed him to was carrying him away i thought i saw him move a little bit, moving his hand to his head, i guess that was a good sign. some of the gripes about the concert i have that dont include the bands are: 1, all the "scene kids" there. i never really fully understood what everyone was talking about when they complain about all the "scene" kids that are into deathcore, but now i do lol. 2, hardcore dancing aka air karate as i like to call it. that shit is stupid as hell. 3, i never even realized that i like to see a variety of age groups at concerts till after last night. i think i was the oldest one there and im only 25 lol. 4, i didnt catch a damn pick or drum stick! i've never caught either one before. and one of the guitarsts for whitechapel threw like 5 picks in the crowd, most were in my direction and i didnt get a single one lol. 5, the place was kinda small. 6, i couldn't find a safe place away from security to smoke a cigarette cause the place was kinda small. so i decided to tough it out for 5 hours without a cigarette. 7, as i was leaving i noticed they had a smoking area inside the venue, i was like "SON OF A BITCH!!!" lol.
"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

Comments