Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Arch Enemy/Exodus/Arsis Review

drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited February 2010 in Off Topic
I got there about half way through Mutiny Within's set, and I wasn't into them at all. The crowd was a completely different story. Only Dreaming Dead have gotten a better crowd response as an opener. The pit was what I was thinking Arch Enemy's would look like. It was fun, no matter how much I didn't like the music.

Next up was Arsis, who I was really excited for. I've been jamming all of their albums for the last few weeks in preparation to have my balls torn off at their show, and they seriously delivered. They opened with Forced to Rock, my least favorite song by them, and they managed to make it sound awesome. I was extremely pleased with their set.

ARSIS:
Forced To Rock
A March For The Sick
A Diamond For Disease
We Are The Nightmare
The Sadistic Movements Behind Bereavement Letters
The Promise Of Never
The Face Of My Innocence

For Exodus, it was something special. Everyone in the crowd was totally prepared for destruction. I was right up front hoping to be able to stay up there the whole set and I was lucky enough to be there the whole time. I was really hoping since they were back home they'd do something special, and boy did they. They opened with Bonded, which got the crowd revved up like I've never seen. After Iconoclasm and a Lesson in Violence, I got concerned they would just do the same thing the whole tour got. But after tearing through Piranha, Dethamphetamine and Blacklist, they told us that Seattle's pit was bigger than ours, resulting in a cascade of boos. Rob then announced that Steve "Zetro" Souza would be singing Toxic Waltz for us. I was surprised, cause I was thinking it'd just be like any other show, but man can that guy rock. After Toxic Waltz they finished with Strike of the Beast and I was totally beat.

Exodus:
Bonded By Blood
Iconoclasm
A Lesson In Violence
Children Of A Worthless God
Piranha
Deathamphetamine
Blacklist
War Is My Shepherd
The Toxic Waltz
Strike of the Beast

As for Arch Enemy, they really put on a stellar set. But the only problem was, I was still in awe of the set that Exodus just played, so I was taking it easy. They put on a fun show. It's a shame I can't write any more than this, but that's all I can say, they were fun.

Intro (tape)
The Immortal
Revolution Begins
Ravenous
Taking Back My Soul
My Apocalypse
Silent Wars
Drum Solo
I Will Live Again
Dead Eyes See No Future
Bury Me An Angel
Dead Bury Their Dead
We Will Rise
-------------------
Amott Bros Solo
Snowbound
Nemesis
Outro

Any other night, it would have been Arch Enemy who blew me away, but this was Exodus' show. They owned the venue.

inb4 holy wall of text batman.
My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page

Comments