Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MASTODON "THE HUNTER" update: ALBUM TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The album cover could be a gummy bear fucking a pile of cotton candy IDGAF I just care about the music.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    It's mastodon so it will be great.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The album cover could be a gummy bear fucking a pile of cotton candy IDGAF I just care about the music.
    Fuck that sounds awesome.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    It's mastodon so it will be great.
    good bands make bad albums all the time, not counting this out yet obv but its not lookin good
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2011
    I could care less about the album cover. Because i know the album will still be great.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You can't judge a book by it's cover (In this case, an album)
    the one released song sounded meh, the album cover looks stopid and the song names are stoopid,,, its not lookin good dood
    The song they released isn't on the album......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    really thats weird....
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    the one released song sounded meh, the album cover looks stopid and the song names are stoopid,,, its not lookin good dood
    The song they released isn't on the album......
    What's it for then?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Deathbound was from the Crack The Skye sessions.....I was under the impression that it wasn't on the album.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's not on the album.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I wonder if this is still Paul Romano doing the art. It's not really bad, but it's not like anything they've done before. Even if the album cover and song titles are different from the norm, this will be a great album.
    This is expect from the new issue of revolver about the new mastodon album.
    At press time the band is working with producer Mike Elizondo( Avenged Sevenfold , Dr. Dre) and has 15 songs under consideration song titles include all the heavy lifting a sabbathy tun according to dailor that has got some evil in it and blasterioids is about breaking glass and cracking skulls. Dailor couldn't confirm any special guests who usually come in last minute the group is aiming for a september release date.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Brad, where'd you get the photo? I wanna know if it's legit. I just checked Mastodon's website and didn't find it there, and I didn't see any posts on their Facebook either
    It's legit they just posted it on metalsucks right now.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    This is expect from the new issue of revolver about the new mastodon album.
    At press time the band is working with producer Mike Elizondo( Avenged Sevenfold , Dr. Dre) and has 15 songs under consideration song titles include all the heavy lifting a sabbathy tun according to dailor that has got some evil in it and blasterioids is about breaking glass and cracking skulls. Dailor couldn't confirm any special guests who usually come in last minute the group is aiming for a september release date.

elizondo is an interesting choice for their producer. he's a multi-instrumentalist who cut his teeth in dr. dre's camp and played most of the music on eminem's 'marshall mathers lp'. i also know he's wrote and produced songs for fiona apple.

the cover isn't horrible, imo, but it seems like a version of the deer from 'blood mountain'. judging by the style, i wouldn't be surprised if dmitri minakakis made it.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited July 2011
    lol, i like the artwork.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That song wasn't even from the album, that was a b-side from Crack The Skye.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    That song wasn't even from the album, that was a b-side from Crack The Skye.