Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

MASTODON "THE HUNTER" update: ALBUM TRAILER RELEASED

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In other words, it's a b-side and will probably be okay at best.
    That's pretty much what The Hunter is going to be full of. One of the band members said that the majority of the riffs they're using are leftovers from Blood Mountain.
    Then something doesn't add up. Blood Mountain wasn't that heavy, yet everyone who has heard the album says that it's heavy as shit. Someone's wrong.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That's pretty much what The Hunter is going to be full of. One of the band members said that the majority of the riffs they're using are leftovers from Blood Mountain.
    Then something doesn't add up. Blood Mountain wasn't that heavy, yet everyone who has heard the album says that it's heavy as shit. Someone's wrong.
    How is that related to The Hunter?
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Didn't Blood Mountain have Blood And Thunder on it? If it is left over riffs when that crappy song got on the album then I'm not looking forward to this at all.
    edited June 2011
    The Hunter is supposedly a heavy album. Blood Mountain is not. The Hunter is supposedly filled with unused Blood Mountain riffs.
    Didn't Blood Mountain have Blood And Thunder on it? If it is left over riffs when that crappy song got on the album then I'm not looking forward to this at all.
    First of all, no, it didn't. Also, Blood and Thunder is one of the best metal songs of the last decade.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The Hunter is supposedly a heavy album. Blood Mountain is not. The Hunter is supposedly filled with unused Blood Mountain riffs.
    All I heard was that this is gonna be less progressive than Crack The Skye, not that it was going to be on a Leviathan level of heaviness.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I don't ever remember reading that the majority of the album is Blood Mountain riffs, just some.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    First of all, no, it didn't. Also, Blood and Thunder is one of the best metal songs of the last decade.
    It is easily Mastodon's worst song.
    Primus....come on.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Primus....come on my face and chest.
    What the fuck, man.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Primus....come on my face and chest.
    What the fuck, man.
    :-))
    Primus....come on.
    Horrible vocals, no guitar solo, and just a meh riff in general. The only cool things about that song are the drums and lyrics.
    Primus....come on.
    Horrible vocals, no guitar solo, and just a meh riff in general. The only cool things about that song are the drums and lyrics.
    Those drums aren't just cool, they're fucking awesome. The main riff is incredibly solid, but it's the chords in the chorus that make the song as powerful as it is. It's not as if a song needs a guitar solo to be good. I dunno why you think the vocals are "horrible." I mean, they're the same on a lot of Mastodon. But c'mon, that bridge and every riff associated with it is godly. Ugh, just thinking about that song's pieces to the whole makes me horny for some Mastodon.
    The bridge is amazing. =P~
    Ya, the drums on that song are incredible, I just like long ass drawn out Mastodon like on Oblivion. I mean I like riffs in plenty of other songs by them more, March Of The Fire Ants, Divinations, and Colony Of Birchmen especially. And solos are big for me in metal, unless I'm listening to Avant-Garde.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Xeno <_> You read that wrong

He said they're using some left over Blood Mountain riffs. I'm expecting this album to soud like an in-between of Leviathan and Blood Mountain. For the most part, heavy and fasts as balls but with some Prog moments too.

It will be great. You know why?

BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING MASTODON!
    Xeno <_> You read that wrong

He said they're using some left over Blood Mountain riffs. I'm expecting this album to sound like a bowel movement of Leviathan and Blood Mountain. For the most part, heavy and sounding like balls but with some unnecessary Prog moments too.

It will be shit. You know why?

nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Brian, get the fuck out.
    okay.jpg
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited June 2011
    Xeno <_>
    It will suck totall ass and everyone who likes it will be gay. You know why?

• GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Xeno <_>
    It will suck totall ass and everyone who likes it will be gay. You know why?

NO