Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Kirk Hammett Says Secret Metallica Project In the Works, wants to record it in 2 weeks time

Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
edited February 2011 in Off Topic
Metallica just wrapped up a grueling two-year tour behind 2008's Death Magnetic, but in May they'll head back into the studio to begin a new project. "We want to record it in two weeks," guitarist Kirk Hammett tells Rolling Stone. "We had planned on doing it in March, but we pushed it back to May. I don't want to give too much away, but it's not really 100 percent a Metallica record. It's a recording project, let's put it that way. Without getting too deep into it, it's more a recording project than a bona fide Metallica album. Whether or not we can pull it off in just two weeks remains to be seen."

Metallica's Kirk Hammett Remembers Gary Moore

Whatever that means, Hammett is also looking forward to playing the Big 4 Festival April 23rd with Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax. "It's like a big class reunion," he says. "It's super cool because I'm really tight with the guys in Anthrax and I love the guys in Slayer and, you know, I'm never really bothered by the Megadeth guys."

Metallica Photos: Three Decades of Metal Mayhem

Much has been made of Metallica's rivalry with their former guitarist Dave Mustaine's band Megadeth, but Hammett says it's all ancient history. "It's not that big of a deal," he says. "At least it never was for me... With all these bands, the opportunity for all of us to just hang out and look at each and grin and say to each other, 'Look, we're still here.' That's just an amazing thing."

Comments