Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 50 Most Important And Influential Heavy Metal Albums Of All Time

124»

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ^ totally agree with the Sepultura part.....
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    alright I like the list, however there are a few tweaks I would have done...

For starters I would have added Death - Individual Through Patterns. I would have removed Kill switch engage, fuck those posers. You have too much Metallica and too much Iron Maiden. Cut both down by 1/2. I'd also would have slipped Justice For All in as one of the two metallica albums. probably MOP, but RTL is okay too. South of Heaven should have replaced Seasons In The Abyss. Chaos AD is not the best sepultura album, that would probably be roots. I'd like Far Beyond Driven added to the list. And some Bolt Thrower. Oh and I dont see how you leave off Jester Race but put those two inferior In Flames albums on there.

TL;DR - good list. If that is your playlist if we are cruising somewhere, im down. If you are making this some official list then I take issue.

Meh you can't please everyone. It's not possible, i just made the list for fun. But there is no such thing as too much Iron Maiden and I never liked Roots or Far Beyond Driven
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yep... I knew you werent a FBD fan. I'm probably repeating myself from past conversations, but if I was making a top 15 Pantera songs, FBD wouldnt have a song in the top 5. However they would dominate the majority of songs 5-15.

4/50 are Iron Maiden? That is almost 1/10 dude... yeah that is too much for a top 50 list. I agree, love Maiden... but think it needs to be cut down on lists like this because you need to spread diversity.

but yeah can't please everyone. I said it was a good list.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'd take the two albums after Individual Thought Patterns over it, easily. Not that any of Death's albums are bad at all, but if I were to rank their albums, it would be sixth or seventh with Spiritual Healing.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    ^that isnt surprising. People typically rank Symbolic/Human as the two greatest Death albums... and although I agree that they are technically masterpieces and pretty much perfect, i've got a real love affair with ITP. I dont really know why. probably because I really love "Nothing Is Everything" and "The Philosopher" but really the whole album just kinda gels.

Don't you ever get a little tired of the over-hype on crystal mountain? it's a good song and all but I really kinda hate how much people pop a boner over that song. it makes me hate the song.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    spiritual healing is my fav death album lol
    These guys almost share my opinion. They had Symbolic ranked at #7 and ITP ranked at #11. I wouldnt argue that sort of standings because symbolic is pretty fucking good. but personally I love ITP.

http://www.metal-rules.com/polls/index.php?id=7

edited March 2011
    I've been cranking The Sound of Perserverance remaster ever since it came out last month. I think my favorite on Symbolic is the title track but yeah, I know if there's one song that might get too much praise, it's Crystal Mountain.
    I've been cranking The Sound of Perserverance remaster ever since it came out last month. I think my favorite on Symbolic is the title track but yeah, I know if there's one song that might get too much praise, it's Crystal Mountain.
    Thank you! I'm glad we agree with Crystal Mountain. I thought for sure that I was going to take shit for admitting that. :-)) I'm glad I am not alone in admitting it being over-hyped.

yeah... I need to dl that remaster. I dont think there is a death album that I dont love.
    All the Death albums are getting reissued.....I know I read that they were working on ITP after Human.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "alright I like the list, however there are a few tweaks I would have done... "
    Oh course
    "alright I like the list, however there are a few tweaks I would have done... "
    Oh course
    obviously. I'm my own person and have my own opinions. CF was cool with that.

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Forgot about Santana 

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

I swear to god primus said the stupidest shit in regards to music sometimes ..  Makes me irate 4 years later lmao