Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Princess and the Marine

Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
edited January 2011 in Off Topic
This love story has grown quietly from what was an innocent friendship to one of the most highly publicized love stories because it was not common for a U.S. Marine to marry a member of the ruling royal family of Bahrain. Sheikha (Arabic for Princess) Meriam Al-Khalifa is one of five daughters of Sheik Abdullah bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa, a distant relative of Bahrain's king, Sheik Hamad bin Isa Al-Khalifa the current ruler of Bahrain. Meriam was born in 1980 that puts her around 17 when she met then 23-year-old U.S. Marine Lance Corporal Jason Johnson who was stationed at a military installation in the small island Arab nation that was only a stone's throw from Saudi Arabia.

It was reported that the couple had met at the local mall and struck up a friendship, which eventually progressed into romance. It wasn't until Meriam was seen kissing Jason that caught her mother's attention after word got back to her and demanded that she break up with him and forbid her to see him again. Yet that didn't stop these two from being together even if it meant meeting at the mall, but they devised a plan to continue their contact despite Meriam being on lockdown at home to where she was restricted to going to school and coming home. It took them having to use a jewelry store at the mall as their drop off and pick up point for their letters. It wasn't until Meriam's mother had rummaged through her things and found all of Jason's letters that he had written to her and she took them and they were later destroyed. It wasn't surprising that Meriam's friends had to maintain silence and telling Jason about Meriam's situation and that's when he immediately jumped to action.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/921493/the_princess_and_the_marine_the_reallife.html?cat=9

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Comments