Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2011 Albums of the Year Thread.

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Page
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Smoke.
    I love winning with women
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Have any of you heard of Ulcerate? Just wondering because I was just introduced to them a couple weeks ago. They're very very good

Hmm......need moar new music.
    1. Ulcerate-The Destroyers of All
    check it out. It's a very good album
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Might as well.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    :-D
    Trust me, it'll be worth your time

Have any of you heard of Ulcerate? Just wondering because I was just introduced to them a couple weeks ago. They're very very good
    just listened to them, mediocre at best. overdrawn out songs with lazy guitar work and basic drumming
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    1. Devildriver- Beast

just listened to them, mediocre at best. overdrawn out songs with lazy guitar work and basic drumming
    Whaaaa?!?!? The guitars are slowed down but they're definitely not lazy. Triptykon guitars are slow but not lazy. And the drumming being basic? I don't get that. The drumming was very good. I also watched some of the drum tracking videos and the drummer is definitely on par

Whaaaa?!?!? The guitars are slowed down but they're definitely not lazy. Triptykon guitars are slow but not lazy. And the drumming being basic? I don't get that. The drumming was very good. I also watched some of the drum tracking videos and the drummer is definitely on par
    The songs are too long for him. It happens.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip

hehe.....whats his threshold?

5 minutes?

actually i've been getting better in that regard. for example i LOVE Temnozor's Horizons Of The Spring and its over 10 minutes. That band draws out its songs for the sake of having long songs. every Ulcerate song i listened to could have been half the length and sound just the same.
    edited February 2011
    1. Elysium - Stratovarius
    2. Kiss Each Other Clean - Iron and Wine
    3. Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will - Mogwai
    4. Tiurida - Falkenbach
    5. Sounds of Violence - Onslaught
    6. Hymn of a Broken Man - Times of Grace
    7. The Destroyers of All - Ulcerate
    8. Beast - DevilDriver

On deck:

Falkenbach
    Mogwai
    Onslaught
    Lazarus AD
    Crowbar
    Arafel
    Battlelore
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    Falkenbach's new one was really good. You should really check out Arafel's new one Jay if you're in the mood for some folk metal. it's worth your time
    I'll add it to the list.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    i have a list of new albums's i need to hear this weekend
    lazarus ad
    devildriver
    x pistols
    crowbar
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Drudkh released an album last year..... i just found out yesterday in my stroll through the blogs!
    1. Elysium - Stratovarius
    2. Kiss Each Other Clean - Iron and Wine
    3. Hymn of a Broken Man - Times of Grace
    4. Beast - DevilDriver
    5. The Destroyers of All - Ulcerate

On deck:

Falkenbach
    Mogwai
    Onslaught
    Lazarus AD
    Crowbar
    Arafel
    What did you think of Ulcerate?

every Ulcerate song i listened to could have been half the length and sound just the same.
    I disagree
    i have a list of new albums's i need to hear this weekend
    lazarus ad
    devildriver
    x pistols
    crowbar
    ULCERATE, ULCERATE, ULCERATE!