Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Your 2011 Albums of the Year Thread.

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    i still needa listen to Vader too
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    And this.
    I love winning with women
    Gonna listen to Earth tomorrow night after a smoke. Chimaira I've heard was meh, so I'm kind of procrastinating listening to that one.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Do yourself a favor and don't listen to it.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I already know that Gallows will be my number 1 from this year
    Times Of Grace was excellent
    I just punched the shit out of my monitor trying to give you a brofist through my computer.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2011
    Nice.

I'm pretty annoyed by the people saying that Times Of Grace was a disappointment. Sure, they said some bullshit about it being shoegaze and whatever, but after hearing Strength In Numbers everyone should've known what it was gonna be like.

Also, I do dig Landmine's stuff so far, but these new tracks are just so much better. They stepped the intensity up so much more and got a better drummer. Shit is sick as fuck.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Landmine's drummer is a nice guy too.

(from the show last night)
    Cool! Yeah, I've heard they're all awesome.

Was Grace as crazy as usual?
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Haha yeah. The whole band is incredibly nice. The guitarist and I had a conversation about Triptykon when he saw my shirt and such.

Grace was indeed crazy as usual. I was in the very front and into their set the whole time, so she'd do stuff like grab my mouth and scream into my face or yank me by the shirt haha. I really hope there's footage of it because she caught me way off guard.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Nice.

I'm pretty annoyed by the people saying that Times Of Grace was a disappointment. Sure, they said some bullshit about it being shoegaze and whatever, but after hearing Strength In Numbers everyone should've known what it was gonna be like.

Also, I do dig Landmine's stuff so far, but these new tracks are just so much better. They stepped the intensity up so much more and got a better drummer. Shit is sick as fuck.
    ToG = Shoegaze? that's so far from anything resembling a rational thought.....do you actually KNOW someone who said that?
    And this.
    dude new Vader slays....as good if not better than Necropolis, although Shane the Viking Fucker says Nay......
    Nice.

ToG = Shoegaze? that's so far from anything resembling a rational thought.....do you actually KNOW someone who said that?
    It was either Jesse or Adam. In an interview before anything was released they said something about how different it was from KSE and it had like post-rock and shoegaze type stuff
    Haha yeah. The whole band is incredibly nice. The guitarist and I had a conversation about Triptykon when he saw my shirt and such.

Grace was indeed crazy as usual. I was in the very front and into their set the whole time, so she'd do stuff like grab my mouth and scream into my face or yank me by the shirt haha. I really hope there's footage of it because she caught me way off guard.
    Grabbed your mouth? Bahahahahaha

I've heard of her pulling hair and whatever but that's a new one
    Yeah it was the weirdest thing. She still does that whole thing were she grabs her jaw, but she literally put her hand up to my mouth and screamed.

for the first half a second I was like
    Nice.

It was either Jesse or Adam. In an interview before anything was released they said something about how different it was from KSE and it had like post-rock and shoegaze type stuff
    Whoa. I never got that vibe at any point, and this is one of my most listened to albums of the year......Them saying that reminds when in 1995 or so Burton described Demanufacture as "extreme alternative".......nuts
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Age of hell was a huge disappointment
    Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    And this.
    dude new Vader slays....as good if not better than Necropolis, although Shane the Viking Fucker says Nay......
    New Vader is boss, but necropolis is simply better.

Age of hell was a huge disappointment
    Photobucket
    It doesn't even compare to any of their other albums

• AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    It's no infection but it's still a kick ass album. I really like the album it's another killer Chimaira album.
    Its way down on my list of their albums