Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The BEST METuL BAND IN THE LAND TOURNAMENT {FINAL ROUND PANTERA VS. BLACK SABBATH}

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    8. TOOL 5
    9. SSSSLLLLLLLAAYYYYYEERRRRRRR 5
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    \m/
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos

Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tool 6
    Slayer 5
    http://challonge.com/bestmetalband
    Cool thanks. Very professional

Couldn't help but notice something in your tournament brackets. Don't get me wrong it's really cool, and well done and everything, but i think some of the band choices could be improved drastically. I mean don't you think Throwdown, Gwar, Kataklysm, Arch Enemy, Sevendust, and especially Nile are a little random? I don't see Judas Priest, In Flames, Testament, Anthrax, Dio, All That Remains, Nevermore, Fear Factory, Black Label Society, or even Disturbed (even tho i hate them). It seems they would have put up a much better fight than some of the bands that are in there. I know....just tell me to shut up and make my own brackets next time right?

I made the list in about 5 minutes and the only band you named that should be in there is maybe testament

I stand by my statement

I admit that the last ranked bands are a little random but I think I more or less used my top bands.Judas Priest, In Flames, Anthrax, All That Remains, Nevermore, Black Label Society, and Disturbed I don't listen to.
    i actually think this list is very nicely made...
    you cant have EVERY band on there.
    I admit that the last ranked bands are a little random but I think I more or less used my top bands.Judas Priest, In Flames, Anthrax, All That Remains, Nevermore, Black Label Society, and Disturbed I don't listen to.
    fair enough...like i said the thing u did is cool, but i was just nit-picking. I still stand by those bands deserving to be in over Nile, Throwdown etc. but you can't make everyone happy. I wasn't even suggesting to have Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Amon Amarth, Opeth, etc, which are pretty much my favorite bands, but I was merely saying that some of the choices could have been changed which might have resulted in closer votes in some of those as well. good job tho, i'm having fun voting
    \m/
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Tool 6
    Slayer 6
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    fair enough...like i said the thing u did is cool, but i was just nit-picking. I still stand by those bands deserving to be in over Nile, Throwdown etc. but you can't make everyone happy. I wasn't even suggesting to have Dark Tranquillity, Insomnium, Amon Amarth, Opeth, etc, which are pretty much my favorite bands, but I was merely saying that some of the choices could have been changed which might have resulted in closer votes in some of those as well. good job tho, i'm having fun voting
    \m/
    I'll take Nile over any of the bands you listed. Sorry but you can't say no to Nile. You don't come back from that.
    Damn I forgot Amon Amarth
    ~X(
    redo the whole thing
    [-X
    I might actually...
    Maybe I'll put some thought into one and make like a 128 band list... :-?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i was gonna do a real metal one with no core bans after my radio rock one. i was thinking bands like

Agalloch
    Amon Amarth
    Carcass
    Goatwhore
    My Dying Bride
    Testament
    At the Gates
    Gojira
    Meshuggah

etc...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Unexpect
    Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
    Mr. Bungle
    Primus
    Dog Fashion Disco
    Polkadot Cadaver
    Mercyful Fate
    Living Colour
    Solefald
    Kvelertak
    Amberian Dawn
    King Crimson
    Rush
    Well you two won't have a say in the next awesome band tournament
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ^ thats wayy to random imo
    Ok nolas list is pretty chill actually
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    edited January 2011
    You have 128 bands, you can deal with a few bands that are original.

Better word, that aren't completely pure.

Better yet, bands you won't hear metal noob on the internet talk about.