Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    One of the more wacky games you will see
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    This thing is just too close to not go 7.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    What an amazing series so far.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Went to Tilted Kilt to watch the game last night and there happened to be a whole table full of like 12 Bruins fans there. Apparently they were in for a paintball tournament or something. It made for a pretty fun night between my table of 20 and them, especially considering the back and forth kind of game it was.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    what the hell happened to the B's D last night?
    The Dallas Stars on Friday announced Lindy Ruff has been hired as the team's new coach.

Ruff, 53, is 12th all-time with 571 wins. He compiled a record of 571-432-84, with 78 ties, in 15 seasons as coach of the Buffalo Sabres, a tenure that ended when he was fired Feb. 20.

"I am honored to be joining the Dallas Stars organization," Ruff said in a statement announcing the hiring. "After speaking at length with Jim Nill, it was clear that all the right pieces are coming together to return this club to the upper-echelon of the NHL. I look forward to leading its resurgence."

He guided the Sabres to the Stanley Cup Playoffs eight times in 14 full seasons, including a trip to the 1999 Stanley Cup Final -- a series his Sabres lost to the Stars -- and back-to-back trips to the Eastern Conference Final in 2006 and 2007. He won the Jack Adams Award as the League's coach of the year in 2006.

He replaces Glen Gulutzan, who had been fired May 21.
    NEW YORK -- The New York Rangers on Friday announced Alain Vigneault as the team's new coach during a press conference at Radio City Music Hall.

"Alain Vigneault has had success throughout his career and his coaching style is a perfect fit for the Rangers," Rangers general manager Glen Sather said. "We feel very fortunate to have him leading this team as we continue to pursue our ultimate goal of winnin the Stanley Cup."

Vigneault replaces John Tortorella, who was fired following the Rangers' loss to the Boston Bruins in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies

The Dallas Stars on Friday announced Lindy Ruff

If ya can't beat em', join em'.
    It's reportedly "D-Day" in Phoenix for efforts to keep the NHL's Coyotes from leaving town. Speculation grows the team could soon be relocating to Seattle.

The NHL has operated the money losing franchise since 2009, and is in talks to sell the team to the Renaissance Sports and Entertainment group.

But the league has given them and the city of Glendale, which owns the Jobing.com Arena, a firm deadline of July 2 to reach agreement on a new lease. ArizonaCentral.com reports those talks have hit a "potential snag" over about $8.5 million per year in revenues.

RSE is seeking a guaranteed $15 million annually to operate the arena. But the Glendale City Council has budgeted just $6.5 a year. A source tells columnist Dan Bickley that makes a negotiating session scheduled for Friday critical.

"It's the most important 24 hours in the history of the Phoenix Coyotes," the source said.

The city and RSE have reportedly been talking about a deal to create upwards of $8 million in new revenue through parking, naming rights and a cut of a ticket surcharge. But Bickley says the city wants that guaranteed and RSE refuses.

"Some fear that snag could be a potential deal-killer," Bickley says.

Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn said last weekend the city has had discussions with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman about moving the team.

McGinn said that a proposal is on the table for the hockey team to initially play at KeyArena and later move into investor Chris Hansen's proposed arena in the SoDo district.

"Our message to all parties has been the same: We believe we can support an NHL team as a tenant at KeyArena, and as a potential tenant of a new arena, subject to all parties reaching agreement on terms," McGinn said.

The Glendale City Council is scheduled to meet Tuesday to formally unveil a potential agreement with RSE.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    hoping for another good game tonight \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    finally \m/

im more excited for the hit that will accompany the game doe B-)
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Prob. pick up i the 3rd period..neighbor is calling my wife and I over for drinks
    dude got rocked
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    in this series i've been rooting for whoever is losing so let's go bruins! :))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie