Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Uhhhh okay.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    prediction - Bruins in 6. Blackhawks in 7
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

Hell of a series. I probably wouldn't have disallowed the goal but NBC's constant whining about it was hilarious.

"Whining"? Neutral analysts that get paid to give their opinions on what was a HUGE factor and huge deal in the entire NHL season, and you consider it "whining"? I could only imagine the amount of whining if it was a Detroit disallowed goal. What are they supposed to say exactly?
    Malkin wearing the hat of his favorite childhood team......

watch the Bruins / Pens series. there will be a lot of biased calls going the Pens way. Instead of whining about it, the Bruins will just keep it going and win despite the favoritism.....
    So the refs AND the analysts are against the Wings? :-O >-)
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I rule in favor of the blackhawks. Don't be a rex, dayna and jay
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy

the refs played both sides. what pisses me off about them though is lack of consistency. then at one point it's like "okay, we're done making calls for awhile, I'm too tired"

sounds like another day at the job for me
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Leggo Penguins \m/
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    penguins win in 5. kings win in 6 but im rooting for the blackhawks in that series
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    HEY...hey...hey

FUCK THEM WINGS!!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited May 2013

Hell of a series. I probably wouldn't have disallowed the goal but NBC's constant whining about it was hilarious.

"Whining"? Neutral analysts that get paid to give their opinions on what was a HUGE factor and huge deal in the entire NHL season, and you consider it "whining"? I could only imagine the amount of whining if it was a Detroit disallowed goal. What are they supposed to say exactly?
    NBC spent both parts of their intermission show just bitching about the call. And then we have Pierre at the start of overtime going on a rant about it too. We get it, it was a bad call. Of course, when Chicago gets awarded a phantom penalty shot in Game 6, it's the "right call." Please. And Ed Olczyk is hardly neutral, as his job when not on NBC is color commentating for the Blackhawks.....he doesn't try very hard to be neutral either.

I just hate the officiating standard in the NHL in general. If they'd start calling interference, hooking, and holding like it should be then players would do it less and the standard of play would improve. Instead, we're down to a NHL where it's better to be big and physical and borderline cheap instead of skilled. It's not as fun to watch.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

I wish everyone could be as logical as Jay in their explanations and observations.

simp
    All I got out of this

NBC spent both parts of their intermission show just bitching about the call. And then we have Pierre at the start of overtime going on a rant about it too. We get it, it was a bad call. Of course, when Chicago gets awarded a phantom penalty shot in Game 6, it's the "right call." Please. And Ed Olczyk is hardly neutral, as his job when not on NBC is color commentating for the Blackhawks.....he doesn't try very hard to be neutral either.

I just hate the officiating standard in the NHL in general. If they'd start calling interference, hooking, and holding like it should be then players would do it less and the standard of play would improve. Instead, we're down to a NHL where it's better to be big and physical and borderline cheap instead of skilled. It's not as fun to watch.
    is this.....

So the refs AND the analysts are against the Wings? :-O >-)

One Pittsburgh bar announced they'd stop serving 'Boston' beer and now one of the Steel City's most famous bakeries has removed 'Boston' from Boston Cream.

yup....Pittsburg is gay
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2013
    that's dumb. they will no longer serve any product of sam adams? is this permanently or just for the series?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    go bruins, i wanna see some blood tonight bitches. I hate the penguins.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    I really have no preference....Would like to see The Blackhawks win it all I guess to coincide with that great start they had this year.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You're a rangers fan and don't hate the penguins?

Stand on a chair
    Punch a hole in the ceiling
    Tie a rope around a piece of wood
    Tie the other end around your neck
    Tip chair over
    Problem solved!