Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Rangers are in trouble....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    AIn't over yet
    Offsides is a retarded penality
    Rangers NEVER come off the boards with the puck..NEVER!!!! ~X(

Offsides is a retarded penality

:|
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Slows the game down...Let them play
    You have it backwards. Getting rid of offsides and subsequently the blue line would slow the game down immensely.
    How would getting rid of offsides slow it down?
    Plain and simple, get rid of it. Many fans and non fans of hockey complain about the lack of scoring. Opening up the entire ice at all times would greatly increase the scoring opportunities.

Basketball is much more popular than hockey and the fast break is one of the more exciting plays in that game. Adding that element to hockey would be great for fans.Also, with the league pressing for more player safety, opening up the middle of the ice should make it safer for the players. Currently the center of the ice tends to get clogged up. Many players get inured with bone-jarring hits in that area. Often the player is not looking or had just passed the puck in order to keep the team onsides.

Without offsides the ice would open up. Defenses would not be able to clog up the ice as much. The chances of clean fast breaks or odd man rushes would greatly increase. This means, at minimum, more scoring chances and likely more goals scored.
    care to chime in???
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Let's end this shit tonight, Wings! Hopefully I don't have to start drinking heavily if they play like they did in game one.

so you tell me how in the hell it would slow down the game without it.... :-??
    Season over.....It was fun..Congrats Boston to you and your fans
    You wanna disagree with it Arlo then explain it..you can't..so stfu

Plain and simple, get rid of it. Many fans and non fans of hockey complain about the lack of scoring. Opening up the entire ice at all times would greatly increase the scoring opportunities.

Basketball is much more popular than hockey and the fast break is one of the more exciting plays in that game. Adding that element to hockey would be great for fans.Also, with the league pressing for more player safety, opening up the middle of the ice should make it safer for the players. Currently the center of the ice tends to get clogged up. Many players get inured with bone-jarring hits in that area. Often the player is not looking or had just passed the puck in order to keep the team onsides.

Without offsides the ice would open up. Defenses would not be able to clog up the ice as much. The chances of clean fast breaks or odd man rushes would greatly increase. This means, at minimum, more scoring chances and likely more goals scored.

You take away the blue line, it becomes basketball on ice without the fast break. It would turn into boring half-court offense games without a shot clock. Defenses wouldn't clog up the neutral zone, they'd clog up their own zone and sit back. That is not the way to speed up the game.

Also, you completely contradict yourself when you say opening up the middle of the ice would make it safer for players. More open ice equals more speed equals more violent collisions. Plus that just wouldn't happen if the blue lines were gone. The middle of the ice would rarely be used at all.

You want to speed up the game, there are other ways to do that. Getting rid of offsides is just a dumb idea.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bruinsssssssssssss
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.

You take away the blue line, it becomes basketball on ice without the fast break. It would turn into boring half-court offense games without a shot clock. Defenses wouldn't clog up the neutral zone, they'd clog up their own zone and sit back. That is not the way to speed up the game.

Also, you completely contradict yourself when you say opening up the middle of the ice would make it safer for players. More open ice equals more speed equals more violent collisions. Plus that just wouldn't happen if the blue lines were gone. The middle of the ice would rarely be used at all.

You want to speed up the game, there are other ways to do that. Getting rid of offsides is just a dumb idea.
    I'll agree to disagree with you and who the fuck said anything bout a shot clock

:-??
    they wouldn't have to look over their shoulders for being onside therefore preparing for collisions..just be quiet..just because you siad it it doesn't mean you are right.It's just your opinion as well as my opinion and most fans like my idea :-B
    scratch that shot clock comment..read your post wrong...I still like my idea better