Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The NHL Is "[Almost] As Upset As The Penguins" Over Blown Call

Of course they are! Sidney Crosby is in danger of golfing (or playing with his mobile...) early again.

Colin Campbell, the NHL’s executive vice president of whatever, pointed the finger at linesman Tony Sericolo, who blew an obvious offsides call on Danny Briere’s first goal.

Campbell: [via TSN]

"There's no other way to explain it but a missed call," Campbell told The Canadian Press in an interview. "We're as upset as Pittsburgh almost. It's a mistake."

"There's always fallout," he said. "The referees and the linesmen are judged on the work they do as far as how they advance in doing games. If mistakes are made, no matter how difficult they are, there's got to be decisions made on who advances."

Translation: Pittsburgh is supposed to win. They HAVE TO win. Sidney Crosby! Malkin! Crosby! Bylsma's glasses! We’ll just make sure the officials compensate in Game 2.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting that, or maybe I’m not.

Anyway, former referee Kerry Fraser and his excellent hair explained last night on TSN that the referee, in addition to the linesman, actually has the ability to make an offsides call. In this case, the ref was in better position, but could not overrule Sericolo, who had already waived off the offsides. Poor Penguins.

Pussies.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i've met Fraser.....

great overtime win by the B's. looks like they will be riding TimThomas again
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    The NHL Is "[Almost] As Upset As The Penguins" Over Blown Call

Of course they are! Sidney Crosby is in danger of golfing (or playing with his mobile...) early again.

Colin Campbell, the NHL’s executive vice president of whatever, pointed the finger at linesman Tony Sericolo, who blew an obvious offsides call on Danny Briere’s first goal.

Campbell: [via TSN]

"There's no other way to explain it but a missed call," Campbell told The Canadian Press in an interview. "We're as upset as Pittsburgh almost. It's a mistake."

"There's always fallout," he said. "The referees and the linesmen are judged on the work they do as far as how they advance in doing games. If mistakes are made, no matter how difficult they are, there's got to be decisions made on who advances."

Translation: Pittsburgh is supposed to win. They HAVE TO win. Sidney Crosby! Malkin! Crosby! Bylsma's glasses! We’ll just make sure the officials compensate in Game 2.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting that, or maybe I’m not.

Anyway, former referee Kerry Fraser and his excellent hair explained last night on TSN that the referee, in addition to the linesman, actually has the ability to make an offsides call. In this case, the ref was in better position, but could not overrule Sericolo, who had already waived off the offsides. Poor Penguins.

Pussies.
    Funny thing about the butthurt with that missed call is that it was a make up call cause the Refs completely blew that icing call at the end of the first period which got pittsburgh their 3rd goal. It was a make up call. Officials do it all the time
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Guess I gotta start doing this again.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAnsygPoIiY

Lets go Bruins!
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I am getting annoyed by that bear. during every intermission, the B's games have the web show theme that they do that involves the bear and brad marchant. pretty gay
    BOSTON (CBS) – Bruins center David Krejci is day-to-day after being struck by a pane of glass that dislodged from the partitions during the team’s Game 1 celebration.

After Chris Kelly netted the game-winner in overtime against the Washington Capitals, the Bruins gathered behing the Caps goal. After some on-ice celebration, with the loud TD Garden crowd joining in, the glass fell and hit Krejci in the back of the head.

crap!
    oh he was mosdef offsides. but it happenes all the time, refs arent perfect. I think the point is if it was any other team besides the faguins, the NHL prolly wouldnt eve have made a statement. and Pitt got their 3rd goal on a blown call, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the refs are biased tonight, hopefully not.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    I know he was lol. Im just saying it was a terrible call earlier on the "no icing" bs after Coburn touched the puck. It was a makeup call.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    prolly not cause its not the penguins. they only have lips for the penguins, I hate it, now i gotta watch the game tonight and cringe at every call thats made.
    when did george become a red wings fan???? blame the refs!
    when did george become a red wings fan???? blame the refs!
    lol, did you read anything? the penguins are blaming the refs. not i.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    HE WAS OFFSIDES!
    LOL I almost forgot about John yelling that

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Bertuzzi fought Weber less than 2 minutes into the game =D>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Both guys got shots in....Idk. It was pretty even.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Good to see the Wings being more physical.