Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Quincey suspended for 1 game.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Because you are the most sensitive, insecure, self pitying fanbase in any sport? :-/
    And yet there's been zero complaining about the power rankings......hmm.... b-(

I think Pittsburgh beats Philly in 7, but it honestly could go either way. I just think the Pens have a little more talent at the most important positions. I'd rather have Philly win though.....the sooner the Pens get knocked out, the better.
    You smokin rocks dogg?

Pens havent beaten the Flyers 0 times on their home ice in 2 years. The Pens goalie is sucking wind, their D is weak and their only physical line(the 4th line) will be an achillies heel in the playoffs.

Flyers are on absolute fire. D is locking down the net, goalies are the best since Hextall and we're scoring madd goals.

You guys know what happenes to the hott teams going into the playoffs, they win.
    you will see when we're playing on NBC in the later rounds...
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Bitchz theirs no room fer grammmer n spellin in hockey
    Bitchz theirs no room fer grammmer n spellin in hockey
    but nbc is terrible...
    they host the playoffs doe after the 2nd round.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    george nola as helllllll
    :-/
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Because you are the most sensitive, insecure, self pitying fanbase in any sport? :-/

I think Pittsburgh beats Philly in 7, but it honestly could go either way. I just think the Pens have a little more talent at the most important positions. I'd rather have Philly win though.....the sooner the Pens get knocked out, the better.
    You smokin rocks dogg?

Pens havent beaten the Flyers 0 times on their home ice in 2 years. The Pens goalie is sucking wind, their D is weak and their only physical line(the 4th line) will be an achillies heel in the playoffs.

Flyers are on absolute fire. D is locking down the net, goalies are the best since Hextall and we're scoring madd goals.

You guys know what happenes to the hott teams going into the playoffs, they win.
    Not all the time. Some teams flip a switch and turn it up, some teams tank. Sure, you want to be hot going in, but that guarantees jackshit.

I'd take Fleury over Bryz until Bryz proves he can win in the playoffs. Fleury's already done it. The teams are similar in depth, so it could go either way, I just think Pittsburgh has more. I hope I'm wrong.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Only because you didn't want to prove me right.

[-(
    Craig Berube Rips Sidney Crosby, Says Players "Should Run Him Over"

Nobody puts Chief in the corner.

On Sunday, while Peter Laviolette was losing his shit and calling Dan Bylsma a fucking cunt (at least one reader’s mom thinks he did) assistant coach Craig Berube - The Chief - played the unlikely role of peacemaker. That's the social equivalent of battery acid serving as an artificial sweetener. But don’t let Berube's actions fool you-- he was mad, real mad, Joe Jackson at what had happened between the Flyers and Penguins.

Here’s what he told the Daily News Live crew yesterday [we’re admittedly a bit late on this, but we’ll assume that most of you don't watch every single minute of DNL]

"Let me tell you something, Crosby and Malkin are the two dirtiest players on their hockey team. They slash, they punch guys in the face. They do all these little things-- I got no problem with what Schenn does. And if someone runs [Crosby] over-- that’s great. They should run him over. This guy gets away with too much, in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night. It’s a joke. And the guy did something to Schenner a little bit earlier, so he just went at gave him a little shot. It wasn’t like it was a tough, bad cross-check. The guy dove. And I understand all that, they’re going to protect their guy, and they should."

So... pretty much the same thing every non-Pittsburgh hockey fan on the planet has been saying for the last five years. Glad to see we’re all on the same page. Berube joins Mike Milbury in calling out the Penguins and Crosby for basically being a bunch of sissies, which is the nicest adjective I could come up with-- Labia lint seemed a bit harsh and descriptive.

http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/video?PID=F73_GUdqWzIaUPyNS_URh0xIvTYqAUiC
    Only because you didn't want to prove me right.

[-(
    Riiiiight.
    Jay trollin
    Believe what you want.......doesn't mean I like the Penguins.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    i hate the Penguins!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    " WEIRTON - Philadelphia Flyers Coach Peter Laviolette must have forgotten the old adage, "Loose lips sink ships."

After Sunday's 6-4 win over the Penguins in the Consol Energy Center, Laviolette credited his team's winning ways in the 'burgh to the savory barbequed ribs he has delivered to their plane for the ride home - ribs he special orders from, you guessed it, Dee Jay's in Weirton.

Laviolette, as the story goes, told reporters after his team's fifth-straight victory on Pittsburgh's home ice Dee Jay's ribs are the team's post-game meal-of-choice. According to CBSsports.com, Laviolette's went on to say, "Those ribs seem to be doing the trick. It went back to last year. Whenever the ribs are ordered, we win. I want to thank Dee Jay's."

Dewey Guida, the owner of Dee Jay's, said no thanks are needed. In fact, the longtime Penguins fan would much prefer to have been left out of the conversation.

"It started out so innocent," Guida said with a laugh. "Peter Laviolette and I have been friends for years. It goes back to when he was actually coaching the Nailers in Wheeling. We became friends, and we've kept the relationship up over the years, as I have with other coaches, like Scotty Bowman and Eddie Johnston."

Bowman and Johnston are ex-Penguin coaches. Bowman guided the team to the Stanley Cup in 1992 and Johnston will forever be remembered as calling out legendary Penguins player and owner Mario Lemieux's name as the No. 1 pick in the 1984 draft.

"So many Penguins are my friends, I've had so many Stanley cups at my place," Guida said. "So for sure, let everyone know - I am a Penguin fan, not a Flyer fan. What happened was sometime last year, Peter wanted to treat his guys to some ribs, so I said sure. They were playing the Penguins and I brought the ribs up to the plane. Since the Pens moved to the Consol Center they haven't beaten the Flyers and on each occasion, I took ribs up to their plane.

"The last time, actually, was Sunday. He called me Saturday and said they wanted ribs, but to bring more 'cause his guys all want to eat them now. So, my wife and I drove up to the airport, dropped them off and left. After the game, little did I know he would go into the press conference and say the reason they won was our ribs."

Guida said when his son, Michael, first called to tell him an Internet firestorm was brewing among Penguins fans, he thought it was a joke. After all, the Penguins-Flyers game was Sunday (you know, April Fools' Day) and it also marked the eighth anniversary of the opening of the Three Springs Drive location.

By morning, about the time a Pittsburgh deejay (the radio kind) was trying to organize a ribs boycott, Guida said it was obvious Penguins fans needed to know he was one of them: He did a segment on the X-Morning Show on WXDX-FM and spent much of the rest of the day doing interviews and taking some ribbing from friends, family and customers.

"Hockey players change teams a lot," Guida said. "Just like Talbot (MaxTalbot, a former Penguin center who signed in June with the team's hated cross-state rivals, the Flyers). He was a hero with the Penguins, now he's with the Flyers. And I'll never forget how Phil Bourque came down here after the Penguins won the Stanley Cup and then was traded to the (New York) Rangers. They were playing in Pittsburgh so he brought the whole Ranger team down to eat. They won that game, and that year (1994) they won the Stanley Cup. So now, all of a sudden, there's this thing that if you eat Dee Jay's ribs you'll win the Stanley Cup. I'm not so sure about that - I ate two super-racks and then played Mega Millions and it didn't work, that's for sure."

Guida said he's used to feeding high-profile athletes, actors, musicians and politicians, including former presidents and would-be presidents.

"We have a fan base of our own," he said. "It's broad, it's big. We're huge with athletes - Merril Hoge (former Pittsburgh Steeler, now an ESPN commentator) will not come to Pittsburgh without coming to see me. I can go through numerous names of athletes who come here for my ribs, they're that popular. The nice thing is, this has brought a little attention to the City of Weirton and how important it is to have something everybody likes."

And come Saturday, when the Flyers close out the regular season against the Pens at the Consol Center, Guida said they'll be doing it without their post-game rib-mojo - a no-no in the superstitious world of hockey. Given that's it's a holiday weekend, Guida said his restaurant won't be open. And besides. there is that matter of his Penguin loyalties.

"No more ribs for them," Guida said. "And I pray, I hope, that the Penguins beat their skates off."

DeeJays :x
    imageimage
    Wings-Blues tonight, then Wings-Devils tomorrow \m/
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wings better win one of those games. I'm not real confident that they will either doe.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    I could go for some ribs
    We got fucking swept by the Rangers this year <_> ...that hasnt happened to us since 1971. Playoffs are a new season, but hopefully we dont play them, lol.