Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I'm the happiest I've been about this hockey team in a week and a half.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You lost to them in the first round that year, so it's just as much the Flyers fault.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Flyers have an all around better team then the wings. Flyers are killing Detroit in goals per game and imo have a much more well rounded team. They have basically a whole team that scores a solid D now that Bryz found himself, enough physical play to rival any team in the league right now and have 10 players with 10+ goals on the year.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    You lost to them in the first round that year, so it's just as much the Flyers fault.
    We were nowhere near the cup or a cup team. Youse let them win on your home ice. Crosby lefted the cup and skated on the chickenwings logo. Shame on you.

and this...
    Flyers have an all around better team then the wings. Flyers are killing Detroit in goals per game and imo have a much more well rounded team. They have basically a whole team that scores a solid D now that Bryz found himself, enough physical play to rival any team in the league right now and have 10 players with 10+ goals on the year.
    Still the flyers fault for letting them get past the first round. If your team had done their job then he never would've touched it.
    Also on another note when a Flyer hits a player dirty or clean if they get challenged afterward 9/10 chances they wont just skate away like a douche like Kroncunt
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Still the flyers fault for letting them get past the first round. If your team had done their job then he never would've touched it.
    Resorting to using pics as a response already?
    our team was nowhere near the caliber team they had that year and we still took them to game 6. Yous were the favorite went to the finals and let crysbytch skate away with the cup in game 7, not the first round. big difference. Youre just mad cause the flyers are kicking fucking ass right now and the wings our gonna be sitting on their ass watching the playoffs in mid april.
    If their team was that much better, how did you end the season with the same amount of points and the 4-5 matchup?
    Also on another note when a Flyer hits a player dirty or clean if they get challenged afterward 9/10 chances they wont just skate away like a douche like Kroncunt
    Wahhhhh. The Wings and Flyers played each other twice this year and each team won on their home ice. If they were to play a playoff series it would be a 7-game series assuming both teams are healthy. The Wings aren't healthy, of course they won't be playing as well as the Flyers right now. <_> I fail to see how the Flyers are a decisively better team based on the two games they played.
    Wahhhhh. The Wings and Flyers played each other twice this year and each team won on their home ice. If they were to play a playoff series it would be a 7-game series assuming both teams are healthy. The Wings aren't healthy, of course they won't be playing as well as the Flyers right now. <_> I fail to see how the Flyers are a decisively better team based on the two games they played.
    it's not based on 2 games doe. Its based on right now. If you asked me this 2 months ago, I would have said the wings were better. Now our goalie is playing tops in the NHL we have gotten much better and upgraded the D tremendously. scoring was never a problem, either was physical play. Right now, our team would beat you in prolly 4-5 games.
    If their team was that much better, how did you end the season with the same amount of points and the 4-5 matchup?
    GOALTENDING. that has been our problem for decades.
    it's not based on 2 games doe. Its based on right now. If you asked me this 2 months ago, I would have said the wings were better. Now our goalie is playing tops in the NHL we have gotten much better and upgraded the D tremendously. scoring was never a problem, either was physical play. Right now, our team would beat you in prolly 4-5 games.
    Exactly over the year teams go up and down. Yes record wise against eachother we are even but if the playoffs would start today even if the Wings would get Lidstrom back the Flyers would smoke them. The Flyers are a fucking tank right now.
    The Flyers are a fucking tank right now.

tank top?
    btw, i didnt know streets was a Flyers fan till like yesterday... fuckyeah streets! \m/
    Exactly over the year teams go up and down. Yes record wise against eachother we are even but if the playoffs would start today even if the Wings would get Lidstrom back the Flyers would smoke them. The Flyers are a fucking tank right now.
    The playoffs are different. It doesn't matter what you do in the regular season. Teams that come in hot have tanked in the first round. I've seen plenty of instances of it. Regular season momentum really carries little weight in the playoffs, it's basically a new season. I'm not saying the Flyers aren't going to go deep this year, but there is such a thing as peaking too early. Just saying. The playoffs last over a month.

As for George, of course the Flyers are better right now, the Wings have half their team out due to injury. <_> If the Wings don't get healthy, they're not beating anyone, so the argument's pointless. But they pack just as much punch as the Flyers when they have it going. Plenty of evidence in those two games.
    I think if everyone was healthy it would be a great serious. I just think the wings are too beat up man... i think age is catching up to them, maybe they'll pull it together still got time before the playoffs. We have some injuries too, our fucking captain missed the whole year and JVR who was a monster in the playoffs last year has been out and Briere just got back. I'm not worried about scoring or D doe, Al eyes are on Bryz, if he plays like he has been, sky is the limit. The rest of them team has played good all year like Billy said, we got 10+ guys with 10 or more goals, our D struggled early with Pronger out, but they significantly upgraded and got better playing together. Theyre always a physical team who will wear down anyone. In the last like 15 games i think they havent given up more then 3 goals. If they can keep that up, skys the limit.
    It's basically all up to Bryz.