Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Don't want to talk about it

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    I haven't heard from Dayna or Brad all day lol. I think they drove their car off a cliff after last nights shitty loss.
    that's exactly what we did.
    there is my crazy blond frwend
    >:D<
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    My stomach will absolutely churn if San Jose goes any farther.
    Why?
    Don't get me wrong. San Jose deserved to win last night, full props to them and now they've beaten us two years straight which proves they are not a fluke. I just have a problem with rooting for a team led by a guy like Joe Thornton, who I lost tremendous respect for in this series and now put him third behind Crosby and Pronger on the hockey players I love to hate list. Such a gutless player and a guy who gets far more credit than he deserves. I know if he wore the C for my team, I would be ashamed. The Sharks won the series in spite of him, not because of him.

That's the main reason. I'm not going to make excuses for the Wings losing. Great series, the Sharks earned it. I'm rooting for Vancouver, because Joe Thornton touching any sort of postseason trophy would be only a tad less sickening than Crosby hoisting the Cup.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    they did not deserve to win.
    Yeah, they did. There was nothing lucky about this one. San Jose scored a power play goal, while we had 4 power play chances and were absolutely horrible. Zetterberg made the worst turnover of his life at the end of the first and in my mind that was probably the kiss of death there. Kronwall got caught on the Marleau goal which was ultimately the game-winner. Bertuzzi and Cleary may have made a difference if they had stayed healthy and I know Franzen with two good ankles would have made a world of difference, but the bottom line is they took advantage of what they got and we made too many dumb mistakes to win a close game.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Just shut up Jay.

Just shut up Jay.
    I was asked a question and then I was justifying my assertion.
    they did not deserve to win.
    Yeah, they did.
    no
    <_>
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Boston Bruins :-bd
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Jaycup...you're seeing why us in boston hate Thornton.....don't worry, he'll fuck it up for the Sharks
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Matthew Barnaby was arrested tonight for Domestic Violence

" Former Buffalo Sabre Matthew Barnaby was arrested Friday night, charged with domestic violence.

Amherst Police responded to a location at 6:15 p.m. and found serious damage to property. The location is being kept private to protect two female victims, who police say were not injured.

The former right winger was arrested and charged with second degree criminal contempt, harassment, second degree criminal trespass, and second degree criminal mischief. Police say after leaving the location, he made angry phone calls, and Barnaby has also been charged with aggravated harassment via a cell phone.

Barnaby, who turned 38 just over a week ago, will spend Friday night in jail and be arraigned Saturday morning in Amherst Town Court. He played for the Sabres from 1992-1993 and from 1998-1999."
    Even bigger news. Derek Boogaard of the Rangers found dead in apartment today. 28 years old.

"Awful news: Derek Boogaard was found dead today in his Minneapolis apartment by members of his family. He was 28. "

:-|
    yea we made mistakes but reffs making calls to one team but then the same calls not going to the other makes a large difference. same with the shit in front of the net after the puck is covered.

They never called any of the shit in front of the net all series. I hate how guys can take liberties against Homer and not get called too but at least it was consistent. <_> I was pissed about the officials last year. Not so much this year, I thought it was better.

Our power play was so fucking bad that a 5-on-3 probably wouldn't have made much difference either. 2 shots all night with those kinds of players we have is inexcusable.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wow RIP Boogaard :O
    The NY Post learned today that Boogaard had been in the NHL's substance abuse program for the latter part of this season.

Read into that what you will
    Lightning take Game 1 =D>
  • GuruGuru Posts: 2,089 juggalo
    When I picked the Canucks to win this series, I did not factor in that Luongo might do something retarded like give San Jose a free goal after they ran the Sharks ragged for the entire period.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Glad i picked going to the UFO show over watching the Bruins.