Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i got the rangers/caps one wrong... i guess i just wanted the caps gone and wasnt thinking clearly..
    post your predictions. round 2 predictions....

Preds over Canucks in 6
    Wings over Sharks... in 7

Flyers over Bruins in 5
    Caps over Lighting in 5
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Vancouver over Nashville in 7
    Detroit over San Jose in 6
    Philly over Boston in 5
    Washington over Tampa in 6
    Flyers/Bruins schedule...

GAME 1 - Saturday, April 30 at Philadelphia - 3:05 PM. NBC

GAME 2 - Monday, May 2 at Philadelphia - 7:35 PM. Versus

GAME 3 - Wednesday, May 4 at Boston - 7:05 PM. Versus

GAME 4 - Friday, May 6 at Boston - 8:05 PM. CSN

GAME 5 - Sunday, May 8 at Philadelphia - 3:05 PM. NBC

GAME 6 - Tuesday, May 10 at Boston - TBD, CSN

GAME 7 - Thursday, May 12 at Philadelphia - TBD, CSN

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Second round

WEST

(1) Vancouver defeats (5) Nashville in 6. I actually think Nashville gives the Canucks a lot of matchup problems. Shea Weber and Ryan Suter eventually won the battle against the Ducks' top line to beat Anaheim in 6, and while Pekka Rinne didn't play great in that series, he is perfectly capable of stealing games for the resilient Predators. This will be a chess match between Alain Vigneault and Barry Trotz all series long, but I think the Canucks win out with superior talent and I don't see Nashville keeping up offensively.

(3) Detroit defeats (2) San Jose in 6. Last year's series was closer than it seemed at first glance. Detroit was gassed and they coughed up a couple games, most notably Game 3. The Sharks are better in net but about the same elsewhere as last year. Special teams will be critical, as Detroit will need to limit penalties in order to win. 5-on-5, they can take down the Sharks.

This is what I said before the playoffs began and a lot of it still holds true. However, a couple factors have made me more confident in this pick. Antti Niemi looked shaky at times in net against the offensively challenged Kings, and the Wings will be completely healthy heading into this round. I believe Detroit is slightly deeper at forward and better defensively, though both teams can be sloppy on the back end at times. Detroit's penalty kill needs to be a lot better than what it was against Phoenix, but San Jose had power play problems of their own. All in all, it's a pretty even series but I see Detroit's depth taking over, even though many will give the edge in net to Niemi.

East picks are the same:

EAST

(5) Tampa Bay defeats (1) Washington in 7. Tampa Bay will be playing with house money at this point, and will throw everything they have offensively at the Caps. This will be the real test for whether the Caps have really changed as a hockey team. If so, they will squeak by the Lightning in 7. If not, and I have my doubts, they'll be failing to reach the conference final yet again.

Washington got rid of New York in 5, but it could have been much worse. The Caps seem to be a more complete team, but I'm not fully convinced yet. I'll stick with picking the young Lightning to pull off the upset.

(2) Philly defeats (3) Boston in 7. New year, same story. Boston won't move out to a 3-0 series lead this time, and the Flyers' depth offensively and defensively will tip the series their way. A word of note, however....Tim Thomas is completely capable of swinging the odds back to Boston, and I would not be surprised if the Bruins prevailed. My gut says Philly, though.

Nothing changes here....both teams played a tough 7 game series, so rest won't be an advantage for either. Thomas has the potential to pull off a Ryan Miller and Boston is better than Buffalo as a whole, but I think Philly finds a way to do it again.

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    george, that picture makes me very sad
    imageimage
    george, that picture makes me very sad
    fake bear was fake. >:D< ...Bruins suck.
    I like reading Jay's elaborate breakdowns of his predictions. Althought we disagree in some areas... nice job again homie \m/
    edited April 2011
    # GAME 1: @San Jose, Fri. 4/29, 10 p.m.
    # GAME 2: @San Jose, Sun. 5/1, 3 p.m.
    # GAME 3: @Detroit, Wed. 5/4, 8 p.m.
    # GAME 4: @Detroit, Fri. 5/6, 7 p.m.
    # GAME 5*: @San Jose, Sun. 5/8, 8 p.m.
    # GAME 6*: @Detroit, Tues. 5/10, TBD
    # GAME 7*: @San Jose, Thurs. 5/12, TBD

IT'S ON!
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hey @Tim I know its late but I just got home from the bar... how aboot them Canadiens?

Its a bitter sweet victory though as I myself have french canadian roots.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    *waits for puking pic*
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAWjsVoDpm0

^That shit was on TRL for the longest time.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    @-)

*waits for puking pic*
    george mad because nobody dances with him to korn \:D/
    I will only dance with Brad [-(
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    BACK.
    OFF.
    MY.
    MAN,
    GEORGE.
    X(
    :-W
    hey hey hey, dont talk to mah dawg george like that. anything you got to say to him, you can say to CF first *hides behind CF*
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    family guy... ~X(
    :>
    BACK.
    OFF.
    MY.
    MAN,
    GEORGE.
    X(
    :-W
    :>
  • TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
    @livefree bruins suck :(
    I'll Just leave it there because bagging on the refs is lame at best. But seriously?!
    there are some who call me... tim?
    sorry man, they didnt go down without a fight >:D<

Flyers will handle them for you :>
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    good to see the B's actually playing a real team in the second round, instead of a bunch of divers. anyone see Suban grab a bruins stick, look at the ref and fall backwards...so much fail in diving and glad it was part of their downfall
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    whats weird, both East and west, seeds 1,2,3 and 5 all advanced to the second round