Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official NHL thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You guys are all dumbasses.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    edited April 2011
    You guys are all dumbasses.
    That doesn't help progress the discussion at all....I'm sure you think the East is better, can you tell me why?
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    The east/west argument is just ridiculous. There's great teams on both sides, neither conferance is inferior. Canucks wing sharks coyoted kings, flyers, caps, bruins, pens canadiens... seems about even to me. The only reaspn the flyers didn't sweep is because of miller, go watch the tape, we whooped their ass both games we lost, miller just stood on his head... The stanley cup is coming th philly...
    The east/west argument is just ridiculous.
    Then calling Phoenix an AHL team when they finished ahead of the defending champs is just as ridiculous. <_>
    Its the truth. Phoenix played like an AHL team in the playoffs, that's a fact. They looked like crap and didn't even show up. You should be happy about that man, I don't know why you care I said that, they looked like hell the entire series :-??
    Their goalie certainly did suck, and that's why we swept. I'm happy as hell that we swept, I just have a problem with people discrediting our sweep because Phoenix is suddenly the worst team in the playoffs. Their power play woke up in this series and was very good, they were physical all series with us, and they got their chances, Howard was good when he needed to be. The 4 through 8 seeds finished within a point of each other, so they could have just as easily been the 4. They were not a bad team, but ultimately their goaltending was not good enough and that's why we were able to get it done in 4.
    I never discredited your sweep, you guys did exactly what I thought you would do, I said they would win in 4-5 games. Phoenix played like the worse team in the playoffs, that's just what happened, they came out flat and couldn't even pull out a game. I never said anything negative about the Redwings, I just said Phoenix suxks and I stand by my statement that any of the top 3 teams in the east or west would have whooped phoenix ass in 4-5 games.
    I never discredited your sweep, you guys did exactly what I thought you would do, I said they would win in 4-5 games. Phoenix played like the worse team in the playoffs, that's just what happened, they came out flat and couldn't even pull out a game. I never said anything negative about the Redwings, I just said Phoenix suxks and I stand by my statement that any of the top 3 teams in the east or west would have whooped phoenix ass in 4-5 games.
    I didn't say you in particular discredited the sweep, I'm just defending my team against a certain Wings hater and Bruins fan. <_>
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I give the Wings credit for the sweep, I have seen them get knocked out by inferior teams before. In fact that seemed like it was their pattern for a few years, but you can only beat who is up against you.
    Lol, Brad's just like the cowboys fans, has nothing to say so brings up a championship 15 years ago. [-X
    Lol, Brad's just like the cowboys fans, has nothing to say so brings up a championship 15 years ago. [-X
    Oh no, he went there....
    I give the Wings credit for the sweep, I have seen them get knocked out by inferior teams before. In fact that seemed like it was their pattern for a few years, but you can only beat who is up against you.
    \:D/

Keith Jones thought Phoenix would win. :-W
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    flyers are an ahl team because we swept them to win the cup 14 years ago <_>

john still mad we smoked them this season
    as Jay says, its a whole new season, and if the Wings make it to the finals, the Eastern Conference champion will smoke them...unless its Pittsburg...

During last night’s heated Game 4 between Buffalo and Philadelphia, the heat that many were expecting to see between these two teams finally started to show up. You saw Ryan Miller and Dan Carcillo take pokes at each other and you also saw Flyers captain Mike Richards deliver a questionable back-elbow to the face of Patrick Kaleta.

Richards received a five-minute major for elbowing on his play and while it’s not as obvious as say Chris Kunitz‘s elbow to Simon Gagne was, getting the captain sent off for five minutes grabs everyone’s attention. It certainly got the attention of Daniel Briere who is doing a daily blog at Chuck Gormley’s Flyer Files.

Briere who has been denying being a war of words with former teammate Ryan Miller, spoke out this morning on the site to say that the referees might be better off getting their act together.

"Last night we felt the five-minute penalty on Mike Richards was personal more than anything and there was a lot of frustration from that. Mike wasn’t happy about the (roughing) call on (Dan) Carcillo when both Miller and (Mike) Weber were mugging him and Weber didn’t get anything. We were all furious about that call and then he turned around and gave Mike the five minutes. For the most part since I’ve been here the refs have been very good at knowing the difference between the playoffs and the regular season, but I thought last night the line was crossed by one of them."

This sort of frustration was being echoed by all the Flyers after last night’s 1-0 loss but when you see it there in cold hard print, it hammers things home a bit.

Of course we treat these things a bit cynically as we’re guessing the Flyers might be politicking for some calls to go their way. That’d be understandable if they were being shortchanged in that department but they’re not. The Sabres have had 30 penalties called against them in the playoffs, tied for most in the postseason with Anaheim. They’ve spent over 34 minutes on the penalty kill in the series.

If the Flyers power play performed better (scoring at a 9.5% rate in the playoffs, fifth worst in the postseason) they could’ve put Buffalo in a much worse spot by now but instead they’re in a fight for the series down to a best of three at this point.

If Philadelphia wants to help put the Sabres away they’re going to have to get to Ryan Miller somehow as well as get their power play clicking at a better rate. If not, games like last night’s Game 4 could happen again and when it comes down to it, you don’t want to end up in that uncomfortable position of leaving fate up to the goalies.
    The refs were absolutely horrible last night. It was fucking awful and I almost broke another remote because of it. That being said they werent the reaons we lost, Miller was. That doesnt change the fact thought that they were absolutely ridiculous in their calls and noncalls. They made it obvious and I rearely complain about the refs, but there was something going on last night, I mean 5mins for a definsive arm up high? Carcillo gets jumped by Miller and Myers and he gets the only call, too many men on the ice when Betts is just stanind waiting in line to get through the door like we see every game. fucking bullshit. Even with all that going against us, we still should have won, Miller won the game for them, but fuck the refs expecially that frog looking bitch.
    the refs have sucked in ALL the series...
    no, not really, i cant really complain about them the other games, they were just horrible last night, if anyone saw that so called "major" penalty on RIchards, theyd agree, maybe 2 mins, but 5? shit ridiculous.
    The officiating was pretty good in the last two games of our series. I thought there was some bs in Game 2, but overall much better than what I'm used to.
    Watching this again makes me rage....
    5 FUCKING MINUTES? IS THIS FAGGOT REF SERIOUS?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FS3xMoEFJU
    there has been very bad Reffing in the Bruins / Habs series, going both ways, all 3 games
    edited April 2011
    Wow. That was terrible.