Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

ALL THAT REMAINS to be at Mayhem 2011?

12346»

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Sub genres are too specific. Now you said death metal and one was provided. This topic is done. Because my point has been proven.
    I hate all genres. Should only be two: Good and Bad.
    Ape quit fucking with the force. We ain't going to the dark side with you.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I don't care if people don't go but I would like them to see by being ignorant at times they are missing out on some good bands and most of the time it is before they get big. Which is also part of the reason I enjoy warped you get to see bands that will some day may be huge and you can say hey I got to see them when they were just kids playing a tiny stage at warped. Do some research on the bands before you go and you'll probably find at least a few out of the 60 that play each day that you may like.

Only thing I don't agree with for warped tour is prices have doubled it use to be 15-20 bucks a ticket
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    3 possibly okay bands playing 20 min sets arent worth sitting through a day of complete horseshit. now enough warped shit talk.
    Half hour sets. And a ton of other things going on besides music. Also I know for a fact you would have enjoyed a few years of warped Nola especially the year rancid was there
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    like i said, three ish bands are usually good, but less and less every year now. would i like to see rancid? sure. but in between adtr, bmth, AA, and emmure? ill pass.....

Do you not realize there are 7 stages? Lol. If a shot band comes on you go check out what's going on else where.
    meh plus all the faggots at the show, i wanna feel apart of something at a concert, not feel more seperated from people than i already am lol. theyre have prob been warped tours i would have attended in the past for a few good bands but you got to admit ape that 90 percent of the music is complete commercialized shit and 90 percent of the fans are wannabes in every sense of the word.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I don't care if people don't go but I would like them to see by being ignorant at times they are missing out on some good bands and most of the time it is before they get big. Which is also part of the reason I enjoy warped you get to see bands that will some day may be huge and you can say hey I got to see them when they were just kids playing a tiny stage at warped. Do some research on the bands before you go and you'll probably find at least a few out of the 60 that play each day that you may like.

Only thing I don't agree with for warped tour is prices have doubled it use to be 15-20 bucks a ticket
    This right here, got hooked on a few new bands I would have prolly not found out about otherwise.

And although the prices may have gone up, it's still a good deal.
    I went to 03,04,05,06,07,10

This past year I watched.

The word alive
    Set your goals
    Nevershoutnever
    Dillinger escape plan
    Every time I die
    Alkaline trio
    Reel big fish
    The casualties
    Pennywise
    Sum 41
    Iwresltedabearonce
    Parkway drive
    The end of suicide silences set (before parkway)
    And some band fronted by a cute girl but sucked.

And there are all types of people there. Like say you go watch casualties and pennywise the majority will be people dressed like punks or just a little bit of an older fan. Go over to suicide silence and it's all younger kids. When avenged sevenfold played the first two years it was mostly older metal heads.

If you see 3-4 bands on the bill you like one year go and see if you like it. It couldn't hurt anything.
    Arlo I was not happy about paying 40 bucks for the show. But I did get my moneys worth that day.