Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy

the only reason I want john jones to win this week is to see the rematch with Gus 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod

Hendo/Cormier now confirmed for 173 co main

yeah that's gay...really have no interest In that card other then that fight... Should have kept it on 175

actually nvm I forgot the lawler fight was on that one...that's a pretty good card but still should have stayed on 175

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Pretty much damage control here on Dana's part. Even though it's still a month away, ticket sales have been abysmal for 173. Like, really bad.

They knew Barao and Dillashaw wouldn't sell to a casual. Hell as a hardcore I still think it's a bad matchup. Barao should be fighting Assuncao, but he's still hurt. Even then that fight wouldn't sell to a casual either. UFC needs to do a better job at promoting their fighters, especially their champions. Renan Barao is 32-1 and has dominated everyone in his path, but no one gives a shit because of the poor promotion of him. Barao not being able to speak English doesn't help him either.

edited April 2014

nah man it's not the promotion all though better promotion would help....people just don't get interested in fights with people under 140lbs unfortunately....part of it is because they are small and part of it is because there is no serious competition in those classes... All the small classes have there champ and then a bunch of guys who just aren't as good.

As good as DJ is he has no business headlining a 60$ ppv fight...I watch every one but I will not be ordering 173 or 174 at home....I'll be going out to the bar 

Size shouldn't have anything to do with it, even though I know that's why a lot of people don't watch them.There are tons of talent at Bantamweight and Featherweight although Flyweight only has three good fighters. The UFC needs to build these stars so people will have interest in seeing them. The only champs the public hears about are from heavyweight to lightweight and even then the promotion of that is poor. JDS/Cain III should have done close to a mil buys, but instead it did way less than the second fight. Gus/Jones should have done that much as well but it only appealed to hardcores.

I believe Jose Aldo would be a huge draw if he fought the way he fought in the WEC, but he's just too defensive now and it leads to a lackluster decision. Barao is finishing people, but that language barrier hurts him. DJ is starting to finish people and if he can keep it up maybe more people will tune in.

I could write a laundry list of problems with the UFC right now because it pisses me off that they can be great, but it's little shit that's turning people away. Whether it's wall and stall, point fighting which goes back to wall and stall, shitty promotion, watered down cards. I can go on for awhile.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Fights at 170+ or GTFO.

Pass the god damn butter.

Aldo/Mendes II Aug 2nd

Dana should have stuck to his words and made aldo fight Pettis 

fuck jones said on Jim Rome today he was only going 80% against Gus....I ised to really like jones but it seems like every time he opens his mouth I like him less and less 

He has come off that way since day one.

Part of me wants Glover to knock him out...part of me wants jones to win cause I want Gus to finish him 

Im not sold on Glover yet. His run to the title has been a fairly easy one.

it's been anything but easy lol...glover is a killer man...if jones doesn't take him seriously he's going to be taking a nap or tapping ...that said I expect jones to duck and run a lot...use his speed and his leg kicks to win a decision

Lol, dont believe the hype. His biggest wins were against Rampage, Bader and Te Huna. 

205 is such a mess.

Remember now that Glover was almost finished by Ryan Bader.

Rex420 said:

Dana should have stuck to his words and made aldo fight Pettis 

Wasn't his fault. Aldo didn't want to give up the belt to fight Pettis at lightweight. Pettis didn't want to move down. Just another big fight that won't happen.

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer

Arlovski was granted early release from his WSOF contract and just finalized a new deal with the UFC.