Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

UFC on Fox (Official MMA thread)

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    and Cyborg is victourious
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    i wouldnt fuck with Cyborg <_>
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Lashley fought already?
    KO? submission? stop?
    almost knocked him out. saved himself.
    Diaz wins. Good fight even though it didn't last long.
    nice come back by Diaz. he was almost knocked out then BOOM! he wins.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    the fuck? Diaz sounded like a complete douche with that post fight interview.
  • i bet they guy got ayed to take a dive against walker. That guy sucked. he didnt even try to defend himself.
    As a girl if i saw cyborg comming at me, i would curl up into a little ball and cry "get this shemale away from me."

the fight where the white guy was losing bad to that black dude and then the white guy knocked out the black guy was the best.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    As expected World Extreme Cagefighting is headed to pay-per-view.

The organization today announced via the AP that WEC 48, which retails for $44.99, takes place Saturday, April 24, at ARCO Arena in Sacramento, Calif.

Featured bouts include WEC featherweight champ Jose Aldo vs. Urijah Faber, lightweight champion Benson Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone, and former champ Mike Brown vs. Manny Gamburyan.

The WEC, which traditionally airs on Versus, has never previously aired a show on PPV. The WEC PPV fee is the same as charged by its sister promotion, the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported last month that Faber's WEC 46 victory over Raphael Assuncao had earned him the title shot with Aldo and that it likely would take place at WEC 48.

Aldo (16-1 MMA, 6-0 WEC), who owns nine straight wins and is 6-0 (with six TKO wins) in the WEC, earned the title with a WEC 44 main-event win over then-champ Brown. The Brazilian Nova Uniao fighter makes his first title defense when he meets Faber (23-3, 8-2 WEC), who again fights in front of a hometown crowd. Faber lost his belt and a subsequent rematch with Brown. He's 2-1 over his past three fights, which included the second loss to Brown and submission wins over Jens Pulver and Assuncao.

Soon after confirming the bout last month, WEC General Manager Reed Harris hinted that it could headline the WEC's PPV debut.

"I would think that as we move toward pay-per-view, [Aldo vs. Faber] would be a great pay-per-view," Harris said. "I think the fans would pay to see that fight."

Henderson (11-1 MMA, 4-0 WEC), meanwhile, also makes his first title defense. The well-rounded fighter defeated Cerrone via decision for the interim title in October at WEC 43 and then unified the belts with a submission victory over then-champ Jamie Varner at WEC 46. He puts his 10-fight win streak on the line when he rematches Cerrone (14-2 MMA, 4-2 WEC), who rebounded from the initial loss to Henderson with a third-round submission victory over Ed Ratcliff in the WEC 45 main event in December.

Brown (23-5 MMA, 5-1 WEC) and Gamburyan (10-4 MMA, 2-0 WEC), meanwhile, are likely fighting for a chance to meet the winner of WEC 48's main event. After losing his belt to Aldo, Brown submitted Anthony Morrison last month at WEC 46 to pick up his 11th win in his past 12 fights. Gamburyan, a former UFC fighter and lightweight runner-up on "The Ultimate Fighter 5," made his WEC debut in 2009 and dropped a weight class. He has since posted decision wins over John Franchi and Leonard Garcia to enter featherweight title contention.
    now this really makes the Versus channel completely irrelevant. WEC and Tapout was the only reason I watch that shit. I don't even think "Tapout" comes on anymore.
    I assume they'll still do WEC events on VS.
    they'd have to do something like Fight Nights I guess. All their event were on Versus.
    well the next ultimate fight night UFC event will be on Vs
    edited February 2010
    i know a few people who have that damn channel so they end up coming my crib. But uh, yeah i would rather WEC stay exclusive to VS. rather then go to ppv. Directv should probably get there shit together. I remeber they has a dispute with CST and shit awhile back. ridiculous.
    Post edited by NOLA on
    Only people that don't get VS is people with Direct TV so i have no concern lol