Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

xbox problem

HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
edited December 2010 in Off Topic
well i didnt go to school today and i was planning on just playing xbox all day but somethings messed up
i put in a/c brotherhood and it wouldnt read it, like it would say loading disc for 2-3 seconds then just switch to say open tray
at first i thought it was the game but then i tried other games and the same thing happens
this makes no sense and is frustrating me alot
can someone help?
Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    1) Take out your hard drive and try to put in a game. If it works, google how to clear your hard drive's cache.
    If that doesn't work...
    Clean your disk tray. Beyond that idk.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    wait what about clearing my harddrive???
    like i need to erase everything on it?
    cuz id rather not do that
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Check to see first if the games work w/o the hard drive in. If they do, you need to clear the cache. It doesn't delete anything important from your HDD, just game logs or something like that. Google how to do it.
    lol im half way through a/c brotherhood I hope nothing messes up
    [-O<
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    solution...buy the WII off George
    ok well the game is working now can i just put the hard drive back in?
    I have a weee
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I have a weee
    sorry...just trying to solve both peoples issues

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Xbox problem?
    B-)
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Like he said, if the game works without the harddrive in, then clear the harddrive cache
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i've never had any problems at all with my 360 cept like the first game i played i had the console standing on its side and it trenched a disc. the nice lady at gamestop switched the disc even thou she wasn't supposed to and told me to keep the fucking console flat.
    now that I have it working my batteries for my controller are dead
    :((
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    now that I have it working my batteries for my controller are dead
    :((
    Photobucket
    I love winning with women
    someone doesnt want be beating a/c
    ~X(
  • JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
    edited December 2010
    Open tray errors usually(like 99.99999% of the time) have nothing to do with the dard drive. you pulling the hard drive out and the game working is simply a coincidence. try multiple games and you will probably get the same error.

if it happens go to wwalmart or anywhere that sells games/movies and get a dvd cleaner thing. it cleans the laser off.

if that dosnt work your drive needs a new laser or the drive replaced entirely.

Sources: I fix xboxs for money, I know what im talking about

inb4 ps3 is better. drive errors are more common in ps3 than xboxs

Also, the BEST thing to do is take it apart and clean the laser with a qtip with 90+% pure rubbing alcohol on it. or calibrating the laser, which I will not explain as no pothead could ever do it. it's very hard.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also, the BEST thing to do is take it apart and clean the laser with a qtip with 90+% pure rubbing alcohol on it. or calibrating the laser, which I will not explain as no pothead could ever do it. it's very hard.
    You're such a faggot. Not because you won't tell him something that a quick google search or youtube video could show him if he wanted to take that approach. The fact you make ignorant comments like that. And you killed your dog.

Faggot.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    You're such a faggot. Not because you won't tell him something that a quick google search or youtube video could show him if he wanted to take that approach. The fact you make ignorant comments like that. And you killed your dog.

Faggot.

I can barely do it and im experienced. he wont be able to do it.

Also, drop the dog shit. no need to bring it up just cause you hate me.

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    why not bring it up?
    its a horrible thing to do
    imageimage
    Because this is a thread related to an xbox issue, not animals in any way.