Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Five Finger Death Punch Talk Album Number 3!

MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
edited December 2010 in Off Topic
Zoltan Bathory has had some very interesting things to say about the new Five Finger Death Punch record – including when we can expect it to drop!

Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Zoltan Bathory has been speaking out about what we can expect from the band on their upcoming third album.

“We just got together yesterday making plans, logistics, how we’re going to write this record,” said Bathory. “There are ideas already that we have to work out of, so there are a couple of things already written. We’re starting up within a week and hope to release it somewhere around April/May. It’s a little bit of an ambitious plan, but we’re going to try to do.”

“The thing is, we found our sound, so to speak. It’s still going to evolve, but not drastically. If you put in Five Finger Death Punch’s first, second, or third record, you’ll still recognize that it is Five Finger Death Punch. You kind of stick to the sound that you have. Like any band that I was into, from Pantera to Metallica to Iron Maiden, you hear the first couple of riffs and you know it’s them. I think that identity is very important and it’s crazy to lose.”

“I think we already have that sonic identity and we keep doing what we’re doing. It’s all about writing good songs. The possibilities are infinite when you’re looking at it that way. So we already have the sound, it’s going to sound like a Death Punch record, and we’re just going to handle it the same way as we always do. It’s all about the songs at the end of the day; the songs have to be good.”

B-) Excited!!

Comments