Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Epic stuffed bell peppers

JeffJeff Posts: 1,164 just the tip
edited December 2010 in Off Topic
Ok so I got bored today. went to the grocery store and wandered around for an hour with nothing in my cart then seen big beautiful bell peppers so I put 5 in a bag and in my card cause I wanted em. then I got bacon, potatoes, some fresh provolone, and decided to go to the butcher shop and get a nice fat ass pork ass(its its shoulder) went home and made amazingness

What you need:

Bacon
bell peppers. I used green but you can get red, yellow, orange...any..
Pork butt
Potatoes
Green onions
1 yellow onion
1-2 sticks of celery
1 large carrot
salt and pepper for taste

Ok not chop up and peel the carrots and celery and put em in a crock pot with enough water to cover em and put it on high and let it cook while you do the next part

next cut as much of the fat as possible off the pork then put the fat in with the carrots and crap and let it cook for 10-15 mins then toss the pork in there...the entire thing and put it on high and let it cook till it's done(use a meat thermometer) and then put the crock pot/slow cooker on low aand let it cook for 3-6 hours or until the bone is able to be pulled out with no meat left on it

then make mashed potatoes. I used chicken stock in the water to boil the potatoes. adds a ton of flavor.

then cook the bacon. I deep fried cause it leaves more flavor but do as you wish

then cut the top off the bell pepper and deseed it and give it a quick rinse to make sure all seeds are out

put a piece of bacon in the bell pepper then about 1 inch of potatoes then 1 inch of shredded pork then some more potatoes to top it off. with this you can make about 8-12 of these so invite people over

put the entire stuffed pepper in the oven on 375 degrees for about 10 minutes

remove and eat.

it's pretty cheap. cost me $24.63 for all of it. took about 7 hours all together but most of the time is sitting around waiting for the meat and it was amazing tasting

Comments