Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Good workout/workout schedule?

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    not in the least and it works.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Erik you need the shake weight
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Overview of Muscle Contractions

Although we typically think of lifting weights as the only method to contract and train muscles, there are in fact three different types of muscle contractions all producing strength and mass: isotonic, isokinetic and isometric. An isotonic contraction is when the force is greater than the resistance and movement occurs. There are two phases of an isotonic contraction--concentric phase (the muscle shortens) and eccentric phase (the muscle lengthens). An isokinetic contraction is a muscle contraction that occurs at a constant velocity. An isometric contraction is a type of muscular activity in which there is tension in the muscle but there is no movement. The resistance is equal to or greater than the force of the muscle, thereby inhibiting movement.

A study involving 98 adult subjects ranging in ages 19 to 61 years showed a marked increase of up to 20 percent in muscle strength with as little as seven minutes of isometric training each day. Understanding the physiology, proper guidelines, and exercise technique of isometric training can greatly improve the quality of your workout thereby achieving greater results.
    The Physiology

The term "isometric" combine "iso," meaning same, and "metric," meaning distance. Isometrics by definition are performed in static positions without visible movement or change in the distance of the angle of a joint. Strength increases only at that specific angle of the joint. Isometric contractions recruit muscle fibers that are often neglected in some dynamic exercises (isotonic contraction). Strength increases quickly due to the intramuscular pressure obstructing much of the circulation to the muscle. This lack of oxygen to the working muscle then stimulates the synthesis of actin and myosin (muscle filaments) within the sarcomere of the muscle.

Resistance in isometric exercises come from different applications. You can use your own body weight, such as in holding a yoga pose. You can use a structural object such as pushing against a door frame. When using free weights or weight machines, you can hold a weight in a fixed position for a period of time.

When performing isometrics, instead of counting to a specific number of repetitions like you do in isotonic training, you will hold the position for a period of time. When using your own body weight or pushing against an inanimate object, you can typically hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds. When holding a weight in a fixed position, the weight should be heavy enough to hold for only 6 to 10 seconds.

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Erik you need the shake weight
    lawl
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck this is all too complicated.

I don't even have weights lol. I'd have to do basic shit for now like push-ups, sit-ups, etc.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Work at fedex loading and unloading trucks when you get old enough. I miss that job. It was like getting paid to work out for 8 hours
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i just do cock pushups.....
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    Fuck this is all too complicated.

I don't even have weights lol. I'd have to do basic shit for now like push-ups, sit-ups, etc.
    ANY THING IN THIS LIFE WORTH A SHIT WILL TAKE A LOT OF TIME, EFFORT, COMMITMENT, DETERMINATION AND PATIENT ATTENTION

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Go to the gym constantly.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    ^too compilcated
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    run for an hour each day (if no gym is involved)

and stop drinking soda
  • TheDevilsDreadsTheDevilsDreads Posts: 1,625 just the tip
    run for an hour each day (if no gym is involved)

and stop drinking soda
    Pop
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    .....ok fags, let's have a Pose-Off.....anybody who has the balls, get yo pump on, and take pic....bonus points for showin the peen!!!!
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Work at fedex loading and unloading trucks when you get old enough. I miss that job. It was like getting paid to work out for 8 hours
    spent 4 years at UPS doin that shit....

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm in pretty bad shape, and I'm doing my best hurr...but idk.

I walk home from school everyday which is like a mile. I have strength training, but I suck at it.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Well I guess at work I get a good workout in my legs and arms whenever they put me outside. I just walk for 4-7 hours straight, pushing a good amount of carts to build up strength. My calves are enormous now lol
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    lol
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    sex
    True, storks probably have killer upper body strength.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    page
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    page