Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official college basketball thread*

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    UK > Michigan

Calipari > whoever the fuck is coaching Michigan
    Calipari>any one in the country until he is busted for cheating and runs to a different school or after this season the pros

except hes never been busted for anything soooooooooooo
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Blah blah blah.

One time might be a coincidence, but two times? I don't care if he was cleared about the NCAA, he couldn't have known nothing. I don't believe that for one second. Good for him for winning a title, but I still think he's a snake.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    what are the two times?
    UMass and Memphis both had their Final Four appearances under Calipari vacated. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
    marcus camby excepted a necklace from a professional agent.... yea sooooo much cheating calapari does -----______-----
    ill give it to yah the guys is very slick but people like boheim and calhoun are cheaters, calapari just had players who did not so great things
    I don't like any of those guys. I just think you have to be aware of what guys you're recruiting into your program and any eligibility issues they may have. The NCAA's rules are stupid at times but you have to know them. It's really shitty for a school to make a Final Four or win a title and have it stripped because of one player being stupid and the coaches have to do everything they can to prevent it.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So it's okay for players to get busted with drugs and get assault charges as long as jay roots for that team but it's not okay for a coach to be "slick"
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    If you're talking about Michigan's sanctions in the 90's, I'm not going to defend them, Fisher failed in his duties as well and deserved to get fired. The penalties were fair. It saddens me that such a good period of basketball for us was stripped because of selfish players and coaches.
    I don't like any of those guys. I just think you have to be aware of what guys you're recruiting into your program and any eligibility issues they may have. The NCAA's rules are stupid at times but you have to know them. It's really shitty for a school to make a Final Four or win a title and have it stripped because of one player being stupid and the coaches have to do everything they can to prevent it.
    explain in valid paragragh how a college coach is supposed to prevent a player from receiving shit from a meeting with a professional agent on the players own personal time... camby was going to be a one or two pick in the nba what has that got to do with calapari?? whats he supposed to go with camby on all his endeavors as he prepares for the nba? gtfo outta here... im not familiar enough with the rose situation to fully commentcomment
    Well, that's the coach's job. It's his program, he is responsible and has to know the rules.
    Jay got nothing
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Michigan had players take money and gifts from agents and their coach was held responsible and fired for it......
    what rules? what are you talking about?? a player can meet with agents as they prepare for the nba... but the agents try to give the players shit so they go with them.obv u know this.. so once again is calapari supposed to literally go on his personal time and visit agents with camby to make sure he is meeting with them correctly? thats redicoulous... zero coaches do that.. the mistake was cambys and cambys alone and he has accepted responsibility for it
    If Camby didn't break any rules, why did UMass have their Final Four vacated? You can't accept money and gifts from agents Nola. Give me a break. <_>
    That's still not the coaches fault
    It's the coach's fault for playing an ineligible player.....
    i just said that camby broke rules.. of course you cant accept money from an agent and camby was a fukkin dumbass for doing it but he accepted the responsibility himself for his own actions..it literally had nothing to do with calapari..calapari doesnt go to meetings with players and their potential pro agents so how would he have any knowledge of camby secretly taking a necklace? also i feel the penalty of vacated final four to be laughable, umass was in the final four 0 fux if its in the record books.. one dood taking a necklace doesnt negate an amazing season
    If we are playing that game it's the NCAA fault for letting the coach play an inelligible player