Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official college basketball thread*

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    He probably has Indiana beating Kentucky
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Indiana lost their point guard and they suck away from Assembly Hall. I have my doubts they'll even get close to a rematch with Kentucky.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ape you cant even begin to fathom my picks, my basketball iq is miles ahead of you and j right now, im three steps ahead of you B-)
    Uh huh is that why I have been right on most of what I've said so far. You said cincy wouldn't get in and neither would X your iq is shit
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i dont believe i said that at all, i beileve i said there was a possiblity neither would get in..big difference..
    So Nola, still think UC won't get into the big tournament?
    who?
    Cincy
    no i dont think theyre going to make it
    edited March 2012
    at the time i didnt think they were gonna make it but i didnt realize two things at that time

1) that they were gonna soon beat louisville and Gtown which obviously puts them in
    2 ) that they will now put in a big east school even if they are 8 -10 in their conference which is redic

Those comments were made the day after cincy beat Louisville. Your iq is shit
    yes but i was not aware of that knowledge when i made the comment, i hadnt seen the score
    You realize they were projected to be a 12 seed before they beat Louisville right
    there rpi is 82no team has ever made the tourny with that high of an rpi...they would need to get down to like 60 to even be considered idc what shitty projections you saw.. them being in the bigeast helps them a little bit doe, the tourny loves the big east
    i was typing my respone as you posted that abd there rpi was obv much lower the next day... like i said, if ther rpi stayed around 80 they were not making it period. there rpi went onto improve tremedously so now they are in.. you were right about them being the real deal tho i underestimated them as it would seem but i dont watch them alot and i saw the donkey turd they laid in the xavier game
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Despite earning a No. 1 seed in this year's NCAA tournament, Syracuse now faces an uphill battle in its quest for a national title.

The Orange (31-2) announced on their website Tuesday that sophomore center Fab Melo will not participate in the tournament due to an "eligibility issue."

"Given University policy and federal student privacy laws, no further details can be provided at this time," the site said.

However, a source told ESPN.com's Dana O'Neil: "This is an academic issue related to the first suspension. He was initially cleared after the first suspension but the NCAA has since revisited the case and deemed him ineligible again."

Melo was held out of three games earlier this season while he resolved an academic issue. Syracuse went 2-1 during that absence.

Melo, a 7-footer, was the Big East defensive player of the year and made coach Jim Boeheim's 2-3 zone defense a formidable one. He averaged 7.8 points, 5.8 rebounds and registered 88 blocks for the Orange, who spent a good portion of the season ranked No. 1 despite multiple off-court distractions.

Syracuse, given the top seed in the East Region, opens play at 3:10 p.m. ET Thursday in Pittsburgh against UNC Asheville (24-9), the Big South champion.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    any one watching the syracuse game? unc ashville has gotten robbed by the reffs
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    no1cur i need them to win lol
    they got a line violation that was a HORRIBLE CALL and the ball went out of bounds off of syracuse late and they gave the cuse the ball...its a shame to see a game decided like that
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    They missed the foul call on that same play Rex.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I was wanting UNC-ASH to win too, but they wouldn't have been able to pull that out. The game wasn't decided by the refs, chill.
    they weren't calling the foul tho....if your going to call the foul call it....but they didn't...doesn't mean they should give the ball to them when it was clearly off of syracuse
    i ain't even mad...that lane violation was called when they were down by what 4? he missed the one and one...but after the bs call it was a 6 point game....then they cut it to 3 and they give the ball to cuse when it went off of them....those are 2 pretty big calls in my book
    ok well i guess the lane violation was correct....i assumed that you could pass the 3 point line after the ball leaves his hands (thats how it is in the NBA right?) but you apparently have to wait till it hits the rim