Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official college basketball thread*

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So the coach should baby sit them off the court? They are adults they can handle themselves
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    no but you should not recruit a player who is going to reflect bad on your university.....look at coach k and izzo...nothing bad and they win
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So the coach should baby sit them off the court? They are adults they can handle themselves
    No, but they should have stricter codes of conduct in order to keep their players in line.
    Once again they are adults they can handle themselves
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    UNT 3-1 after a win over Rice tonight!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    better than coach k? or tom izzo? you sir are out of your mind...hes always had great talent and never been able to win anything with it
    lol ummmm are we forgetting Umass sir? he brought a team who hadnt made the tournament in like 25 years to a final four lol. you couldnt be more wrong. even memphis was a nothing..

and u dont think coach k or izzo gets talent every year as well? give me a break

also calipari is an excellent recruiter, always has been. cant blame a guy for getting people to commit to him

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited November 2010
    Calipari a better coach than Izzo or Coach K....that's the most idiotic statement I've seen in a while. True, the NCAA investigations didn't find him to be at fault, but he got two programs penalized while under his watch. If it was just one instance, I may say it was just coincidence, but when there's more than one instance, it looks more like a pattern to me. The guy is definitely sketchy and I wouldn't trust him with my basketball program.

I'm hoping we can trip up Syracuse, they haven't looked great so far this year.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    True, the NCAA investigations didn't find him to be at fault,

i cant comment on the rose investigation because i dont know enough info but you do realize that umass was under investigation because Camby excepted a 1000 dollar necklace from a pro agent right? explain to me how calipari is supposed to keep control over that? i mean he doesnt live with the fuckin players my god. you people know no facts just look at the surface and give blame. so because marcus camby made a poor life decision calipari cant be a top notch coach, that makes perfect sense
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I never once said Calipari is a bad coach. In truth, he is a very good one and a good recruiter. He needs to win a national title before anyone even mentions him in the same sentence as Tom Izzo, Coach K, or Jim Boeheim, but he's good. I just don't think it's a coincidence that trouble follows him to every school he goes to. UMass had their Final Four vacated, as did Memphis. As a head coach, you are ultimately responsible for your program, and he has failed in that regard twice. His time at Kentucky hasn't gone without some missteps either. It's a pattern with him. I simply do not like him because I think he's a snake.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    i can understand why someone does not like him, he is snake like i guess but to call him a cheater is flat out wrong. i dont think people realze that outside of basketball and school these kids, most of whom lived in poverty there whole lives, can make decsions. calipari isnt like sampson who got caught violating NCAA rules, he has just recruited players who may not have had the best character or inetgrity. it happens, and though you can count that against him as a coach, i still think he is a phenominal basketball coach. coach k, boheim, and izzo are all great as well. maybe i spoke outta turn that he was flat out better than them i do put him at least in that tier
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    UTEP!!
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    utep has a good basketball program and a great coch
    thats what im excited about
    they just lost their two best players from last year if they would have had them they would have killed this year
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    they made the tourney last year right?
    how far did they go?
    they lost in the first round to Butler
    barely
    If the NCAA didn't find calipari to be at fault then take your butthurt else where.
    well people have every right to not like the guy, just dont call him a cheater....
    Well who ever calls him a cheater is now a liar
    Ive met Calipari
    That's cool