Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Slipknot May Never Record Again

NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
edited November 2010 in Off Topic
Corey Taylor says Slipknot could tour again in the future – but he’s not convinced they’ll make any new music after the tragic death of founder Paul Gray earlier this year.

The bassist, 38, was found in a Des Moines, Iowa, hotel room after suffering an accidental overdose of prescription drugs. Slipknot immediately put all projects on hold, and since then Taylor’s been working with his side-project, Stone Sour.

And he says promotion and touring duties in support of new album Audio Secrecy has kept his mind off thinking about Gray.

Taylor tells Clickmusic: “Stone Sour definitely helped me, let’s put it that way. We were just finishing up the album when we got the news about Paul. I was actually in Des Moines, so it was pretty brutal.

“To be able to go to work right away has definitely helped me process things and help me through some stuff. Slipknot is a huge part of my life, but Stone Sour is a huge part of my heart. I’m fortunate to have both in my life.”

But while other members of Slipknot have already said the band will continue, possibly without replacing Gray since so many of the eight-piece outfit are multi-instrumentalists, Taylor’s not sure the future involves new music.

He explains: “I’m not looking down the road to making a new Slipknot album – I don’t know if I’m prepared to make new Slipknot music without Paul.

“I could definitely see us going out and doing some shows for the fans, and for us. But as far as doing an album – it’s going to be a while before I’m ready to do that.”

Thanks for the report to RockAAA.com.

Comments