Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Page Game Rules Discussion

TimTim Posts: 2,441 admin
edited November 2010 in Off Topic
So. I saw a post in another thread that was debating the current rules of the game and I figured I'd put it to you guys, the players, and get your opinion on what they should be.

1) Quick Draw - This achievement is earned when you call a new page within 60 seconds of the previous post.

Here's what has been said.

Currently, even if the previous post is yours, you are still eligible to earn Quick Draw. Spammer is only triggered after 3 in a row, so if you wait until there is only 1 post left before the real new page, and then quickly grab them both, you can earn 20 points instead of 10 and still not catch Spammer. I thought about this when I was implementing it and I figured it was OK to reward people who were able to do the math properly and anticipate these opportunities. I consider it somewhat analogous to a TD Conversion, where you can earn more points for going the extra mile.

On the other hand, some people might feel like it is "cheating" or still too spammy. I'm willing to change the rules to exclude the new page winner from Quick Draw if they were also the previous poster... if that's what everyone, or most everyone, wants.

2) Denied - This achievement is earned when you mis-call a new page on the post immediately following the real new page... within 60 seconds of that page being called.

Currently Denied is simply a mark of failure, and isn't work any points (positive or negative). I figured it wasn't right to penalize people for being slightly too slow, but rather to reward the person who really won. That's why we have Sniper, which is what the real new page winner gets for shutting someone out. Do you guys think Denied should carry a penalty? Should Sniper be worth less (currently 100, always)?

3) New Idea: Points for overtaking the person in the lead. If you're in second place, and then move ahead of the person currently leading, perhaps you could earn some kind of achievement... maybe it could be called "The Kenyan". Opinions?

4) New Idea: Achievements for certain point totals. If you hit 3k, 5k, 10k, etc, you get an achievement / some extra token points. Maybe these could be mock achievements, making fun of "try hards" as the local nigger likes to call it.

5) New Idea: This one is subject to Mike / the admins approval and guidance, but I was thinking I could code some "rewards" into the game. Something to give the points meaning / value. Rewards would be purchasable with newpage points. Ideas that pop into mind are things like:
- The ability to change someone else's (name / picture / sig) for a day
- Change the board title for a day
- [ your ideas here ]

On the other hand, If you guys don't give a fuck about any of this, no worries :p Its just ideas.

Also, inb4 "new page game sucks" etc. Take dicks faggot, noone is asking you.
there are some who call me... tim?

Comments