Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
    edited April 2010
    Like i said i wasn't happy when the Broncos selected him but he has the Potential to be a good Qb........

Quotes from Tony Dungy:

"As a coach, I always like winners," Dungy said. "Tim Tebow doesn't have the classic throwing motion, he doesn't have the accuracy, maybe, right now that some people are looking for, but I think when he gets into a pro system that really stresses throwing the ball accurately, the big thing is he makes the people around him better. And he's won. ... I think he's going to be a great player in the NFL."

Dungy said that if he were running a team with a Top 10 pick, he'd take Tebow. Patrick then asked Dungy who he'd pick for his team if he could have any of the top college quarterbacks, including Washington's Jake Locker, Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen, Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Texas's Colt McCoy. Dungy didn't hesitate and said, "I'm taking Tebow."

One of the knocks on Tebow is that during his stellar career in Florida's spread offense, he's never been asked to make the kinds of throws that quarterbacks in prototypical NFL offenses have to make. But Dungy said a good coach can take advantage of Tebow's strengths.

"Is it ever going to be Peyton Manning-ish? Maybe not," Dungy said of Tebow's throwing motion. "But I just think what you can do with him, the problems he creates for a defense, the combination of leadership and what he's shown, if I have him, defenses have to prepare for a totally different offense. ... He's going to give teams the most headaches getting ready for him."

LINK : http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/30/tony-dungy-tim-tebow-will-be-a-great-nfl-quarterback/
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Would Dungy say that if he were leading a team? I wonder......
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Then when do you think he's going to put on the field? You have Orton and Quinn and now you have Tebow. The Broncos want to win and they have a good QB that can win for them. So question is when is Tebow going to get some field time and actually know what it's like to play in a NFL? He can't just stay on the bench and do practices and think it's going to make him better. This was a mistake by the Broncos. Jacksonville,Oakland, or Bill should have gotten Tebow.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    if they are smart they wont let him start a game for at least 3 years
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    agreed.... gotta lose all that muscle memory
    i do tho think he has a very good chance to be a very good qb
    Not in Denver....
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    lol why not in denver...mcdaniels actually knows how to run a team unlike most people think....hes from the patroits coaching tree
    BECAUSE YOU FUCKING HAVE ORTON AND QUINN! GOD FUCKING DAMN!!!
    "lol why not in denver...mcdaniels actually knows how to run a team unlike most people think....hes from the patroits coaching tree"

Being from the Patriots coaching tree does not mean you know how to run a team.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    If only McDaniels knew how to Fuse people together... like in Dragonball; he could fuse all their QB's and maybe get a decent one as a result
    ^ i wonder in what Tree does a person learn how to do that
    "like in Dragonball; he could fuse all their QB's and maybe get a decent one as a result"

You don't know how hard I just laughed right now.
    edited April 2010
    Belichick disciples don't exactly have a great track record as head coaches. See Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.
    ^We need you around here more often.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel never had their team start 6-0 either
    This is Ortons Last year unless he does really good, Quinn is a back up and Tom Brandstater just might get released
    edited April 2010
    "Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel never had their team start 6-0 either"

How much of that was really McDaniels? His forte is offense, and guess what? They were middle of the pack all year, even with a top-10 receiver in Marshall. The difference was the defense. They were great to start the year and then, when they started to suck, the team collapsed near the end. So what does McGenius do? Fire Mike Nolan and replace him with a complete unknown. He's set himself up for failure with his dumb decisions.
    The Broncos did have the 7th best Defense in the league last year. The problem was they were on the field way too long. With our aging veterans (i.e Champ & Dawk) and rookies, who are used to a 12 game college season, they ran out of steam towards the end of games and towards the end of the season. Of the top 10 defenses last year, the bronco's defense was on the field 30-50 plays longer.

I'm guessing that Josh feels that if he can establish a more productive (more than 14-20 points per game) ball control offense, the Defense will be more productive and effective late in games and down the stretch, more balance between offense and defense. This is why we focused on offense this year in the draft. Then we added Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green in FA to help the Defense.