Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    Cowboys have an good change of beating the Eagles.
    :-))
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I get the arguing back and forth because its a rivalry game but to say that the Cowboys have no shot to win this week is asinine.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Go Pats 2nite!!!! J-E-T-S suck! suck! suck!
    Don Meredith, former Cowboys quarterback, dies at 72

Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News reports Don Meredith, the Dallas Cowboys and SMU quarterback and Monday Night Football icon, died Sunday evening in Santa Fe, N.M. He was 72.

Meredith died at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman confirmed this morning. The Meredith family's attorney, Lisa Fine Moses, said his wife, Susan, and daughter Mary were at his side.

Meredith had battled emphysema in recent years and suffered a minor stroke in 2004.

He was the only living Cowboys Ring of Honor member unable to attend the franchise's September 2009 inaugural game at Cowboys Stadium.

Meredith was the original Dallas Cowboy, signing a personal services contract on Nov. 28, 1959, two months before the franchise officially gained admittance into the NFL.

Hailing from Mount Vernon in East Texas, the quarterback nicknamed "Dandy Don" had the unique distinction of playing all of his home high school, college and professional football games within 100 miles of Dallas.

"I'm very thankful," said Meredith, when a reporter from The News visited him in Santa Fe last October for a profile commemorating the 50th anniversary of his signing with the Cowboys. "I'm very thankful about where I'm from and who I am."

Photobucket

R.I.P.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I saw that this morning RIP
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Pats vs. Jets tonight.

Either way should be a hell of a game.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    Don Meredith, former Cowboys quarterback, dies at 72

Brad Townsend of the Dallas Morning News reports Don Meredith, the Dallas Cowboys and SMU quarterback and Monday Night Football icon, died Sunday evening in Santa Fe, N.M. He was 72.

Meredith died at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center, a hospital spokesman confirmed this morning. The Meredith family's attorney, Lisa Fine Moses, said his wife, Susan, and daughter Mary were at his side.

Meredith had battled emphysema in recent years and suffered a minor stroke in 2004.

He was the only living Cowboys Ring of Honor member unable to attend the franchise's September 2009 inaugural game at Cowboys Stadium.

Meredith was the original Dallas Cowboy, signing a personal services contract on Nov. 28, 1959, two months before the franchise officially gained admittance into the NFL.

Hailing from Mount Vernon in East Texas, the quarterback nicknamed "Dandy Don" had the unique distinction of playing all of his home high school, college and professional football games within 100 miles of Dallas.

"I'm very thankful," said Meredith, when a reporter from The News visited him in Santa Fe last October for a profile commemorating the 50th anniversary of his signing with the Cowboys. "I'm very thankful about where I'm from and who I am."

Photobucket

R.I.P.
    RIP
    I get the arguing back and forth because its a rivalry game but to say that the Cowboys have no shot to win this week is asinine.
    I thought the comment you made that the cowboys had a chance to win the superbowl is asinine. Eagles win by at least 10 points.
    If money was on the line who would you pick, Eagles or Cowboys?
    edited December 2010
    George you keep bringing up my Super Bowl prediction. Get over it already.

I stand by what i said. If you think the Cowboys or any team doesn't have a chance to win then you are ignorant about this game.
    Oh and speaking of the SB predictions. I went back and looked a couple weeks ago to see everyones picks and George I didn't see yours.

My picks were the Cowboys Vs Chargers. Both right now are out of the playoffs if it started today.

Since you didn't make your SB picks then how about making them right now. It will be a lot easier for you now that half the league is out if it. I'd like to pick your prediction apart too. lol
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    Seems like an Eagles/Cowboys fight in here every week. At least it's appropriate this time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    since you failed and all the other cowboys fans failed to answer my question, "If money was on the line who would you pick, Eagles or Cowboys?" 4 times, i'll answer yours my SB pick now that the dust has settled is

NY Jets vs Atlanta Falcons

the Eagles defense isn't good enough, their offense can score all day like they have been, but their D won't keep them in it. I think the Eagles will win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but I can't see them beating the Falcons, or the Giants in the playoffs.

I stand by what i said. If you think the Cowboys or any team doesn't have a chance to win then you are ignorant about this game.
    so you're telling me when the season started, you thought the Bills and Panthers had a real shot to win it all this year? cmon man gimme a break. theres teams in the hunt, and teams with no chance.

At the beggining of the year, I thought the cowboys had a shot to go to the playoffs and win, but superbowl, nahhhhhhhhhhh. I was the one who kept it real at the beginning of the year because I didnt see the Eagles even getting into the playoffs because it was a transition year, but they got Vick and won some games. I thought the cowboys were going to win the division with ease, but it takes more than just talent to win in the NFL, you need chemistry Dallas proved that.

Seems like an Eagles/Cowboys fight in here every week. At least it's appropriate this time.
    I'm not gonna do the Eagles/Cowboys e-fight this week. lol I was just pointing out that any team can win on any given night.

my Superbowl pick at the beginning of the year was Saints/Pats but i think i changed it to Cowboys vs Pats
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,727 mod
    I'll pick again once the playoffs start. I picked Cowboys/Ravens.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    that steelers/ravens game was aewsome last night. i hope they meet in the playoffs again
    since you failed and all the other cowboys fans failed to answer my question, "If money was on the line who would you pick, Eagles or Cowboys?" 4 times, i'll answer yours my SB pick now that the dust has settled is

NY Jets vs Atlanta Falcons

the Eagles defense isn't good enough, their offense can score all day like they have been, but their D won't keep them in it. I think the Eagles will win a game or 2 in the playoffs, but I can't see them beating the Falcons, or the Giants in the playoffs.

so you're telling me when the season started, you thought the Bills and Panthers had a real shot to win it all this year? cmon man gimme a break. theres teams in the hunt, and teams with no chance.

At the beggining of the year, I thought the cowboys had a shot to go to the playoffs and win, but superbowl, nahhhhhhhhhhh. I was the one who kept it real at the beginning of the year because I didnt see the Eagles even getting into the playoffs because it was a transition year, but they got Vick and won some games. I thought the cowboys were going to win the division with ease, but it takes more than just talent to win in the NFL, you need chemistry Dallas proved that.

If I was betting money this week I'd go with the Cowboys at home but at the end of the season in Philly I'd bet on the Eagles.

and The 1999 Rams...Not one person picked them to win that Super Bowl and they did. Sure it doesn't happen often but it does indeed happen.
    edited December 2010
    George you keep bringing up my Super Bowl prediction. Get over it already.
    I think it'd funny you picked the cowboys to go to the superbowl and they're last in the
    division. I told you you were crazy then and you're even crazier for thinking the cowboys are gonna beat the Eagles sunday.

Eagles > Giants > Redskins > Cowboys
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))

you should stop now primal, Eagles are gonna smoke them.
    i dont really remember who i picked in the beginning of the year, i think it was packers/jets