Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    edited December 2023
    Y’all got a penalty on the two plays after that too including another hold

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    It's just out of the ordinary. They don't normally call it. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I love you Tommy Devito

Dolphins have been a fraud all year. Offense is explosive, but a good D line destroys them, and their defense is soft. Well whole team is soft. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It's just out of the ordinary. They don't normally call it. 
    Players also don’t normally lineup so far off you can’t see the ball down the line and you can see the ref moving to see the ball, lol I don’t get why the fuck this is even a thing dude was offsides there is nothing to complain about he mad at the player not the ref shit is ridiculous 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    its a thing because if you watch every play, this is how he lines up on every single play hes on the line of scrimmage. 

Yes it is an infraction, but the NFL tells the refs to bend a little bit on small issues like these ones. Ive never seen it flagged before without them telling the WR to get back at least once first. 

Same way the NFL tells the refs not to throw a flag right as the play clock hits zero, and to give the offense an extra 1/2 second or so.

The issue is if he lined up that way 6 times before, and was never flagged or talked to, you dont wait until the last minute to throw the flag. You either throw it sooner, or talk to him earlier in the game. 

This happens in almost every single game. It even happened a few times in last nights games and didn't get called. 

You’ll defend the dumbest shit I swear 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited December 2023
    Look man, im not saying its not dumb. I'm just saying it's not really fair. Hes not gaining any advantage for lining up in that way. Why wasn't he flagged in the first for the exact same thing? why have i heard 20 different former nfl players come out and say they have never seen that happen?

In the end i don't really care, but it comes down to consistancy, which is my biggest issue with the refs. 

Why is because they mahomes dick riders. 

This team gets away with everything yet when they don’t it’s a problem it’s like watching the Steelers get away with everything for years (not just being a bitter bengals fan on this I remember an article that was published about teams the get away with things and either way a bad call in their favor or they changed rules after they did it because of what they did) 

anyway I’ve got an easy one to point to because I remember it, AFC championship game last year bengals get clearly held on the play mahomes runs out of bounds and bengals catch a penalty for the push out of bounds. Clear as day and should have been offsetting but yet the chiefs get their call and the bengals don’t. It’s not just happening to my team either. It’s hilarious to me that this team suddenly gets something called against them and it’s a problem. Refs should now call them more strict and hold them accountable on every fucking thing since they want to act like that. 

It would have benefited me had the play stood but still think it’s the right call. I have both mahomes and kelce on my pay fantasy team that I’m fighting to get to the playoffs with 
    edited December 2023
    see you are just using anecdotal evidence to form your opinion. I could easily say the same thing as a lions fan, as its been documented how much we have been screwed. 

Every single game there are questionable calls and and missed calls. It doesn't have to do with what team is playing. Consistency is the issue. 

Im just saying you cant pick and choose when you call it. Either you call it in the first and the fourth, or you don't. You can't pick to just wait and throw it there. I think he should have thrown the flag, but i also think it should have been thrown earlier in the game, and we wouldn't be talking about this right now. 
    Like even mahomes and reids take was "yeah, he was offsides, but that's a bullshit call" lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Offsides is offsides. Does the defense gain an advantage every time they're half a foot offsides? No but they'll still call it every time and no one complains. Every wide receiver down to middle school knows how to check with the ref on their line up to see if they're offsides. 
    He was off sides they called it end of story there’s no further discussion needed the ref made the right call. 

I’m not going to dig through every one of them I just know the one off the top of my head because that one impacted my team the most. You can feel free too though. 

And with that I’m going back to not talking football with you you’re like the annoying know it all kid that says “well actually” no it was the right call and the chiefs are fucking sad for complaining like they have with how much they have benefitted in the past 
    I also didn’t see you arguing this much in the bengals favor when Logan Wilson was called at the end of the game, why because your boy Stanford got a ring. Same scenario they weren’t calling anything then in the last minute they did, that’s life suck up sad sacks 
    edited December 2023
    you are impossible to even have a conversation with. You are like a 14 year old stuck in an adults body. You are such a fucking baby that the minute someone disagrees with you, you have to go to "im not talking to you about that any more"

I am just having a convo about football, and you can't ever handle someone seeing it some other way than the way you view it lol. 

why don't you just get jay to block you again so you dont have to talk to me about it anymore. 

mrAPE said:
    I also didn’t see you arguing this much in the bengals favor when Logan Wilson was called at the end of the game, why because your boy Stanford got a ring. Same scenario they weren’t calling anything then in the last minute they did, that’s life suck up sad sacks 
    im just pointing out the double sided nature of what happened. Im not really arguing either way. Im okay that they threw the flag, but understand why reid and mahomes would be upset. thats all im saying. 
    Offsides is offsides. Does the defense gain an advantage every time they're half a foot offsides? No but they'll still call it every time and no one complains. Every wide receiver down to middle school knows how to check with the ref on their line up to see if they're offsides. 
    yeah i agree that it comes down to a procedure thing. as a wide receiver there are two things you are responsible for as a player. They call it "alignment and assignment." 

Its honestly kind of shocking to an andy reid team make the same mistake over and over again. I think it kind of shows that Eric bienemy might have been more important to the team than originally expected. 

Toney is a fucking goof for lining up that offsides and not checking down the line with the ref one time. I agree that is retarded. 

you are impossible to even have a conversation with. You are like a 14 year old stuck in an adults body. You are such a fucking baby that the minute someone disagrees with you, you have to go to "im not talking to you about that any more"

I am just having a convo about football, and you can't ever handle someone seeing it some other way than the way you view it lol. 

why don't you just get jay to block you again so you dont have to talk to me about it anymore. 

I’ll address this last part because while I understand this place and the level of shittiness there are some lines that shouldn’t be crossed this is one. Through text it will come off as mad I am not but since it’s been brought up I’ll explain it. 

I had just lost a kid during pregnancy far enough along we had to go to the hospital and she had to go through labor to have a still born baby. She spiraled into a deep depression and it brought me down dealing with it all. I was not in a healthy spot mentally and used this place as an escape. I found myself letting this place drag me down and one comment in particular caused me to snap. Asking him to block me was for my own good as with socials and forums I would act as an addict always checking. I needed to clear my mind and that’s what I did I wasn’t mentally strong enough to keep myself away so I asked for help. 

Think of me what you will for that but given what I read about in the mental health thread it hasn’t been so different for some of you and this here now was way tamer than it was then. Might want to consider that before saying things. 
    edited December 2023
    well im just saying something to be funny because its MU. Im apologize for bringing any memory of that time period of your life back. 

I really don't mean any harm by it. 

Still though, its pretty stupid to announce that you aren't going to talk to me about a subject. Its the internet, and you can just ignore me if you don't like it. 

I just hate the stance of people saying i wont talk to you about a subject, because thats a cop out. I am really just trying to discuss the situation from both sides, not argue it with passion. I love football, and i like hearing what other people have to say when it comes from a different perspective than my own, because i really dont feel like i am always right. I am not even trying to say that i am here. Just that from my point of view, this is what i saw.