Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Easy when all you ever do is hand it off for 5 yards.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    LOL 

QB's that were better than goff last year. 

Patrick mahomes/list

Thats literally it. end of list. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Mfw you wasted a first round pick on Justin Fields =))))

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    LOL 

QB's that were better than goff last year. 

Patrick mahomes/list

Thats literally it. end of list. 

You want to qualify that in some way? Are you just talking turnovers? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Well, he threw for the second most 40+ yard pass plays in the league. (tied with josh allen for second, 1 behind Mahomes) Second most 20+ yard throws second to mahomes. 

Of guys that threw at least 300 attempts, he ranked 4th in sacks taken. 

over a 4-1 TD to turnover ratio. Highest in the league. 

He was outstanding last year when he had his weapons. He had a few bad games last year when we had guys like Tom kennedy and kalif raymond starting on the outside, but other than that he really played lights out. 

Believe me. I wanted nothing to do wit Jared goff, but he showed me things last year he just hadn't done as a pro up until that point. He was great. 
    My point is it depends on what stats you bring up can’t just say second best QB because in many categories he is not. Without looking it up he’s probably 5th or less in yards. Can’t be top three in TD. Definitely not number 1 in completion percentage. 

I’m not knocking him or your excitement that statement you made just didn’t feel right. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    I know. He was top 5-6 in every major catagory though, and in the important ones he was top 2 so thats why. but i feel you. 
    edited August 2023
    4-1 turnover ratio is enough for me. 

Also stats aren't everything. Turn on the tape. The man absolutely killed it the last 1/2 of the season especially. 9 games with no INT? insane. He also was one of the most accurate QB's ive seen across the middle last year. I don't have numbers for that, but he was outstanding. 

ive watched every snap from every game last year over the offseason. He was right there at the top. 
    How much are you going to dive into it with stats is the question. I know sometime in the last couple months someone put out the stats on interceptions that were not the QBs fault from receivers running the wrong route or the receiver tipping a ball into the air. Are we factoring all of that in too? 

Everything can be nitpicked and it seems there’s a stat for literally everything 
    I mean the numbers speak for themselves. He is top 5-6 in literally every metric for QB's. 

2,397 yards 15 td, 0 int's over the last 1/2 of the year. There was not a QB playing better than him at that point outside of mahomes. 

Oo so we are only doing a half season? 
    edited August 2023
    No, when you take the season as a whole, generally there is a build up to your best play though. Mahomes didn't start last year out super great either, but his overall play was great. 

When you take their entire seasons, Goff was right up there in the top couple QB's, and then when you consider his play down the stretch, i just dont feel like there was anyone playing better than him. 
    Ah okay got ya got ya… still can’t take you seriously this year like last 
    well boy's.....we made it

LETS 

FUCKING 

GOOOOOOOOO
    Dan campbell has the biggest sack known to man. 

Andy Reid looked completely baffled we went for it on 4th. 
    Welp I’ve watched this show many times before

Yeah can't turn it over in the red zone. Smh marvin. 
    I’m liking the fuck outta Gibbs though. I take back what I said. 

Fire Aaron Glenn. I’ll never stop saying that