Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    It’s time to move on from Stafford. He had a good arm but very poor game sense. If it wasn’t gonna happen with Megatron it ain’t gonna happen now. It’s time for a complete rebuild. 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Stafford is still not the issue. Since we cut fat Matt, hes been his normal top 10 self. 

Its hard to not think that him and quin were actively just trying to fuck the team up and do the worst possible job. 

Why weren't we throwing to Marvin before they left? As soon as they were gone, we saw our offense evolve into what we thought it would be all season. 

Our defense legit has only a couple players that have NFL level talet though. Quin was a pretty good offensive evaluator, but mannnn he could not put anyone with talent on the field defensively.

I am hopeful of this search though. Spielman is a great guy to bring in and oversee the GM/Coaching search. 

If we get some pairing of Dimitroff, Scott Pioli, or Rick smith, to pair with Robert Saleh, i think we put our selves in the position to have a pretty good future. All three of those guys know talent. And Robert can coach and lead from what i have seen. Plus Saleh would be the right guy to convince defensive talent to sign in Detroit. 

We have some talent. 3 of our 5 guys on the offensive line look to be above average, with two of them being elite. Swift is a game changer. And i think if Stafford stays, Golladay will be back for one more year at least. We have absolutely zero linebackers though. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Lol what? Stafford has been the QB since 09. How many winning seasons has he had? How many playoffs has he won? How many head coaches have we been through? There comes a time when it isn’t just the coaches fault. It’s time to move on and rebuild. 

He’s literally the only thing keeping the team afloat. 

And hes still good. Hes never even had a good coordinator. Bevel is serviceable, and staffod has been pretty good with him. Imagine him with someone like saleh as the head coach, who is going to bring over Matt lafleaur’s brother from SF. 

Those guys can scheme. If we can get a solid head coach, if we can just make the defenses average, we can win with stafford. 

And we basically cant trade or cut him this year anyways. It creates  20 million in dead cap and the cap is shrinking this year. 
    Like you realize this defense is like 265 yards and 35 more points away from giving up more yards/points than the team did when we went 0-16.

tell me again how thats on stafford 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    January 2018:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/06/patriots-bracing-for-matt-patricia-to-exit-likely-for-detroit/

this has been my #1 pick since the start. I am pretty hype about the possibility of this. 

edited December 2020
    I never hid that i wanted Fat matt. 

He was  one of the hottest coaching candidates in the league at the time. It wasnt just the lions that wanted him. 

Hes a bitch and id slap the shit out of him if i caught him outside doe
    edited December 2020
    Wtf was he thinking coming in here and accusing our best players of sucking other dudes dicks and belittling everyone. God damn what a fat fucking bitch 
    Cot damn i am fucking HEATED
    Wtf was he thinking coming in here and accusing our best players of sucking other dudes dicks 
    Wtf
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,716 jayfacer
    Wtf was he thinking coming in here and accusing our best players of sucking other dudes dicks
    Wait wut 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Thats why Darius slay hated him. Their first training camp, like one of their first meetings he told slay to stop sucking other dudes in the leagues dick on social media, because he would compliment other players game on twitter. 

Thats why he wanted to be traded. He hated Matt. As did most of the team. 

He said that to him in front of the whole team lmao
    It would be funnier if he accused him of actually sucking someone's dick irl
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Thats why Darius slay hated him. Their first training camp, like one of their first meetings he told slay to stop sucking other dudes in the leagues dick on social media, because he would compliment other players game on twitter. 

Thats why he wanted to be traded. He hated Matt. As did most of the team. 

Josh McDaniels did something similar in Denver. He called Jay Cutler into his office for their first meeting and started bragging about his time with the Patriots and basically told Cutler he ain't shit and sucks and needs to get on board with his philosophies. Cutler immediately asked for a trade =)
    This dude's gonna be a billionaire in a year 

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    RIP Floyd Little
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Lol sacking the QB is a penalty now. Hit was clean.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,716 jayfacer
    Absolutely insane that the Giants can potentially end up 4th seed at 6 and fucking 10. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Absolutely insane that the Giants can potentially end up 4th seed at 6 and fucking 10. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I hope Washington loses just so this very thing can happen. Fucking disgraceful that a team like this can possibly host a playoff game...but I wanna see it happen.