Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    I missed that entire game. Was out with my wife
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    By rule that is definitely not a catch the ball clearly came out and hit the ground. He had not established himself as a runner so merely breaking the plane does not matter he had to finish the process of the catch. Like the rule or not they got it called correctly. I get the picture is just trying to be funny but there are too many dipshits that are pissed saying it broke the plane it should have counted when that’s not the case and hasn’t been since 2010 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:
    By rule that is definitely not a catch the ball clearly came out and hit the ground. He had not established himself as a runner so merely breaking the plane does not matter he had to finish the process of the catch. Like the rule or not they got it called correctly. I get the picture is just trying to be funny but there are too many dipshits that are pissed saying it broke the plane it should have counted when that’s not the case and hasn’t been since 2010 
    I think this is different than the dez situation. Dez was bobbling the ball as her went to the ground. James had caught the ball, then made a football move reaching for the end zone. IMO he had established himself as a runner. If he didn't have full control of the ball while reaching out i would agree, like in the dez situation.  

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this call. Id agree they probably got it right according to the rule, but i think the rule needs a clearer definition of when the receiver becomes a runner or not. 

IMO if you catch the ball with possession, get both feet down, and then turn and reach to break the plane of the goal line that you should then be considered a runner and once the ball breaks the plane the play should probably be over.

The problem is that a throw from a QB to a WR does not have the same clear change of possession between the two players like a hand off does. Thats why we have this whole "process" thing in the first place.  Which i mostly agree with the rule ( other than the calvin catch. I feel like he had control through the ground and then was getting up off the ground.) i think that we need to have it better defined for this instance when the wr is also crossing the goal line.  

It was all one move from the time he caught it until he hit the ground the ball clearly came out you should have to maintain possession throughout which is what they called and is correct. The Bengals has a winning TD taken away too from it against the Ravens years ago. They got it right here and there’s no doubt. 

But how much you want to bet that because it bruned the steelers they change the rule this offseason. 
    I saw video of a similar play the steelers had against the begals and they ruled it a catch.

i think the problem woth the rule is that its not very consistent. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Even though the Seahawks benefited from this rule this season, I’m not sure I really like the rule about fumbling out of the end zone results in touchback. 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oakland should have won that game last night 
    Hopefully we eating that W tonight 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    :-<

At least the Packers are eliminated.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    shuddup big red

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Pass was incomplete. Stay mad.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    it broke the plane in his possession fukkov

[-(

blue turbins

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Lol bye bye GB

we'll see at AFC Championship bitchazzed jay

[-(

blue turbins

Fuck lets go Panthers

ed, fukkr be a steelers fan 

[-(

blue turbins

Nah I don't like your rapey QB

6IX9INE said:
    Nah I don't like your rapey QB
    but u like every niggah that was ever a pimpz 

dont lie

[-(

blue turbins