Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Awesome game tonight. Roddy White rackin' me up them points.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I still can't believe how lucky I was to pick up Matt Ryan a couple weeks ago....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Super Bowl-winning coaches have contacted him about becoming his next head coach, but he hinted that he hopes interim coach Jason Garrett will earn the job on a permanent basis.

"I will say that before I made the decision with Wade Phillips, I had Super Bowl-winning coaches solicit this job," Jones said during his weekly appearance on KRLD-FM.

Jones, who fired Phillips Monday after the Cowboys fell to 1-7, did not elaborate which coaches had contacted him or whether he intended to pursue any of the available coaches with Super Bowl rings -- a group that includes Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Brian Billick and Tony Dungy.

Jones cut off a follow-up question, suggesting it'd be inappropriate to discuss the issue three days after appointing Garrett as the interim coach.

When Jones introduced Garrett as the interim coach Monday, he emphasized that Garrett would be strongly considered as a long-term candidate if the Cowboys showed promise in the second half of the season. Jones said Friday that Garrett won't necessarily be judged by how many wins the Cowboys have the remainder of the season.

"It's a huge challenge for our team and, of course, a huge challenge for Jason," Jones said. "If he can meet this challenge square on and he can pull his nose up, if he can do things that you see that direction, then that's going to be impressive. Very few people have ever come into a coaching situation with any more challenges.

"We all know his qualities. He's from a great football background. He's got a great background with the Cowboys. I know what he's capable of, his demeanor, how he carries himself, how he approaches. I know all of those things. There's no stranger here for me in Jason Garrett. How the team responds, what we can do on a player-by-player basis, all of those things will weigh into it. I do not have a won-loss percentage in mind or a number of wins that impact what I do in the future."

Garrett was one of 11 coaches who interviewed with Jones after Bill Parcells resigned following the 2006 season. Jones hired Garrett, who won three Super Bowl rings with the Cowboys as Troy Aikman's backup, as the offensive coordinator before hiring Phillips.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    I still can't believe how lucky I was to pick up Matt Ryan a couple weeks ago....
    im happy with my trade of calvin for him.....he made my team balanced

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Jerry...Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...

SHUT THE FUCK UP. Wait until the end of the season when we're 1-15, cut your losses with the highly over paid Garrett, and let's see who the coaches you're talking about are.
    image Photobucket
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What does the movie Brokeback Mountain and the NFL have in common??????

They both have Cowboys that SUCK!!!!!!
    :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I even laughed at that joke a few weeks ago when Frank Caliendo used it on Fox.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    so herez meh cool story broz....

I drafted TO and picked up Ochocinco because I live in Southern Ohio and the Bungals are on TV every week so I was thinking hey i can watch meh Fantasy Players what a joke... Carson palmer INT on their first drive then second drive fumble into the arms of the colts jeessssus

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    so herez meh cool story broz....

I drafted TO and picked up Ochocinco because I live in Southern Ohio and the Bungals are on TV every week so I was thinking hey i can watch meh Fantasy Players what a joke... Carson palmer INT on their first drive then second drive fumble into the arms of the colts jeessssus
    I have a hard time drafting players that are in the same division as the Cowboys.

I did trade for Bradshaw though and hes working out fine but I still don't like him. lol

photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    itz more fun when you get to watch your fantasy players on TV though

[-(

blue turbins

teh announcerz are like payton Manning iz teh awesumest and all this shit and Im laughin because twice in the red zone payton has failed to the bengals D and had to settle fer field goals ya Payton iz teh awesumest

[-(

blue turbins

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Browns/Jets game is damn good.

McCoy just brought them back to tie the game with 24 sec left.

20-20
    gawd i hate challengez

[-(

blue turbins

Why? You are a Steelers fan and Steelers never get challenges wrong coughsincetheypaytherefscough :P
    fukkin TO just quit the Bengals, d00d he just dont care anymore Palmer wont pass it to him and he dont care anymore when Palmer descides to

[-(

blue turbins

WHAT AN AMAZING CATCH BY COTCHERY :O
    Jets win with 16 seconds left in OT. WOW!

Holmes with a 30 yard TD.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This just in

Dez Bryant is good
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo