Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    NinerscanbebetterthanCowboysnow?
    The way the Cowboys are playing, they already are.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Luck very well could go this year, but I don't think the 49ers would get him if he did, as he would be the #1 overall pick and would go to the Bills.

I'd rather see how Mallett develops, as his accuracy has been on the rise. There are a ton of interesting QB prospects this year, and I'm excited to see how they do. Either way though, the 49ers have got to come out of the draft with a franchise QB. No other option. It's go time.

Also, Luck isn't going to go to the Cowboys. They're probably committing to Romo in the long term, and they should. You have a very good starter in Romo, no matter how much the bitches in Texas think otherwise. Try going 10 years without a good starter at QB, then tell me that you would like Romo to go.
    oh i know. I love Romo and he is a damn good QB and idk why people think otherwise. I know he hasn't won big games or a lot of playoffs games, but he was just starting to mature and get better and better. This year he was top 5 QB and his passing was great and still people knocked on him <_> Romo will stay our QB and Iz is happeh. I think we need to get rid of Barber though and pick up DeMarco Murray. Jones and Murray combo would be great for the running game. Then just draft oline from there on out.
    They need CB help. That D ain't great.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,283 mod
    Marc, can you tell me what happened to your Cowboys?

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Mallet has one of if not the strongest arms i have ever seen...luck looks great...and locker is proving what i told everyone at the end of last years draft...he is trash and will be trash in the nfl...if the lions keep losing close games like this we will be in prime position to take that patterson guy out of lsu
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I am so tired of getting high round picks.....we should be 4-4......SIGH.

Cowboys need help in a lot of places. Even Wade's D doesn't look very good anymore. I'd say offensive line and running back are their most pressing needs. The defense is probably better than they're playing right now.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited November 2010

Cowboys need help in a lot of places. Even Wade's D doesn't look very good anymore. I'd say offensive line and running back are their most pressing needs. The defense is probably better than they're playing right now.
    Online for sure but they need a Safety. Turning CB's into a Safety's doesn't seem to work.

I don't think a RB is a pressing need. I don't think Barber will be back so next season its gonna be Jones and Choice. I would take a RB in the later rounds but they need to spend their first few picks on Oline,DB's and LB's.

Of course LB's might not be as much of a need if the new coach changes back to a 4-3 defense. The 3-4 needs a lot of LB's.

photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hey George, have fun trying to remember how many E's are in your username

And....isn't their allready an NFL thread for these type of comments?
    there are 15 e's because your username cant contain more than 20 letters, i learned this when primal gave me the inspiration for my name. john, i think you should just have fun trying to remember how many points the browns scored while SPANKING the pats.

Anything can be talked about in a thread that has " eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in it.

here you go fellas! keepin it in the NFL thread :)
    Brady should have worried more about those Browns then making commercials with Bieber.
    <param name="wmode"

Online for sure but they need a Safety. Turning CB's into a Safety's doesn't seem to work.

I don't think a RB is a pressing need. I don't think Barber will be back so next season its gonna be Jones and Choice. I would take a RB in the later rounds but they need to spend their first few picks on Oline,DB's and LB's.

Of course LB's might not be as much of a need if the new coach changes back to a 4-3 defense. The 3-4 needs a lot of LB's.

RB is a big deal and I think they should trade Barber to at least get another round pick for the oline or D. Choice is alright but isn't that reliable. Jones and Murray combo would be beastly. They are both big dudes that can run and pound the ball.

IDK what happened but our CBs used to be damn good. Last year Jenkins was a monster and this year he just flat out sucks. Maybe the D just doesn't care anymore to try and even win the games. It's obvious Wade has lost this team and he's just not the man for the job. He has no passion, no fire, no anything. It's the same old bullshit interview every Sunday.

After they take Murray just start drafting that oline. Right now that's our biggest weakness and it got Romo killed and almost got Kitna killed yesterday. If they don't pick it up next Sunday, then the Giants will destroy Kitna.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    where Brady was yesterday....from the Globe

In the annals of jock couture, this could be big: Tom Brady has a new haberdasher.

Under Armour, the Baltimore company focused on sports performance apparel, footwear, and accessories, announced a multi-year partnership with Brady, quarterback of the New England Patriots.

An Under Armour spokeswoman confirmed reports that Brady will be given a stake in the company; the size of the stake is not being disclosed.

"As the newest member of the Under Armour team, Brady will appear in various in-store and advertising promotional campaigns," the company said in a press release. "Brady bolsters a formidable offensive line-up for Under Armour, who also reached agreements earlier this season with Pro-Bowl wide receivers Miles Austin and Anquan Boldin. Brady will be wearing Under Armour apparel and footwear for training and will also be debuting a new customized Under Armour Fierce cleat in games in the near future."

Brady's previous endorsement deal with Nike had expired last summer, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reported.

"I am very excited to team up with Kevin Plank and the Under Armour family," Brady said in a press release by Under Armour. "It was important for me to align with a brand that shares my values and helps me perform at my best. Under Armour makes cutting-edge products for the next generation and for athletes who compete at the highest level."

Plank is the founder and chief executive of Under Armour.

edited November 2010
    "There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences. I'm talking about within the team -- players, coaches who have got careers. This is certainly a setback. I know firsthand what it is to have high expectations. I think unquestionably that our expectations were thinking we're something we were not, possibly looking at what might be relative to a Super Bowl. All of those things have certainly contributed early."

"But we have so many things that we need to correct and address, as this game so vividly exposed and previous games have. I've got a lot of work to do, got a lot of decisions to make. And it's not just one, two, three or four. There are several decisions. I think everybody in this country would agree that there's a lot wrong with this team that we've got to address, and I'm certainly the one to address it." -Jerry Jones
    Mallet has one of if not the strongest arms i have ever seen...luck looks great...and locker is proving what i told everyone at the end of last years draft...he is trash and will be trash in the nfl...if the lions keep losing close games like this we will be in prime position to take that patterson guy out of lsu
    I like Mallett, but he hasn't consistently displayed accuracy that he needs to be a good NFL prospect. If you think Locker has played poorly, then you're wrong. He's been just as good playing with a team that's ten times worse. He's making all the throws he made last year. He's still a fantastic QB and with some training in decision making skills, he could be all pro in the NFL.
    Wade Fired; Garrett Named Interim Coach

Less than 24 hours after a 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football, the Dallas Cowboys have fired head coach Wade Phillips, sources told NBCDFW's Newy Scruggs. Jason Garrett, the team's offensive coordinator has been named interim head coach.

Owner Jerry Jones said there would be widespread "consequences" for players, coaches and other staff members following Sunday night's loss, which caused frantic speculation around Dallas as to whether Phillips would see another game as head coach. In previous weeks, Jones rejected the notion that Phillips would be fired in the middle of the season, but refused to comment on the matter in the aftermath of the Green Bay loss.

With that loss, the Cowboys are 1-7, their worst start since 1989 when they finished 1-15.

Phillips led the Cowboys to a 13-3 season and a playoff appearance in 2007, his first season as head coach. He leaves Dallas with a 34-20 record, 1-2 in the playoffs.

A news conference is scheduled for 4 p.m.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Wade-Fired-Garrett-Named-Interim-Coach-106904268.html?__source=Facebook
    Damnit, I was hoping they'd keep wade...
    Their OC got the promotion? That's a surprise.
    At least keep Wade as a fucking DC. That's his damn specialty.
    They should have kept him around to be the water boy.
    At least keep Wade as a fucking DC. That's his damn specialty.
    Clearly not.