Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    Ah the schedule I looked at cut it off after the Bears in December for some reason. The article I read about it was on ESPN.com lol

nfc east and add south. Thank you. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Champ said:
    The lions play only 3 outdoor games and are done with them by oct. 2?

Book the division. 
    Feel pretty confident the Lions will be last in that division this year.
    Well we pretty much have 2 guarantees with Chicago and will get at least one if not both wins at home against the other two. non division schedule isn't that hard.

getting levy back is going to be huge. Losing him was gigantic the first 6-7 weeks last year. Really hurt us. 
    • Even if we start 1-2 these are the next 8 games and they are all winnable. Not saying we are going to win 8 in a row. just saything they are all teams we should/could beat

•  AT  BEARS
    • 5 OCT 9 1:00PMEDT )  EAGLES
    • 6 OCT 16 1:00PMEDT )  RAMS
    • 7 OCT 23 1:00PMEDT )  REDSKINS
    • 8 OCT 30 1:00PMEDT ) AT  TEXANS
    • 9 NOV 6 1:00PMEST ) AT  VIKINGS
    • 10 BYE
    • 11 NOV 20 1:00PMEST *  JAGUARS
    • 12 NOV 24 12:30PMEST *  VIKINGS
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Refs won't allow it. 
    Oh yeah

chip Kelly 
    Champ said:
    Well we pretty much have 2 guarantees with Chicago and will get at least one if not both wins at home against the other two. non division schedule isn't that hard.

getting levy back is going to be huge. Losing him was gigantic the first 6-7 weeks last year. Really hurt us. 
    I'm a huge Levy fan, but to be honest, there's nothing the Lions do well anymore.  Calvin helped so much, and I'm not sure there's really anything to be excited about on offense or defense for them.

i can't see the H/A split of that schedule, but given the circumstances, I think losing half of those is generous.
    Champ said:
    Oh yeah

chip Kelly 
    Look, we're the new Browns.  I'm numb to whatever pain other fans can cause me.  All we need is a coke head at QB and we're complete. Jeff Driskel could get us there, I think.
    Riddick and Tate are both guys that can change a game with one touch. Marvin jones will do what we need him to do. With a offseason under cooter I expect our offense to be on par with what they did in the second 1/2 of last year. Which is good enough to win ball games. Stanford went 18-2 TD/int down the stretch and he's only 28. It's right when QB's hit their prime. We're still the lions though. It seems like our destiny to find a new way to lose each week. All I have is hope. Let me hold on to that you faggot. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    Wine said:
    I'm not sure there's really anything to be excited about on offense or defense for them.
    lolwut. The Lions actually have a pretty good nucleus of young talent not named Stafford. Riddick, Abdullah, Tate, Ansah, Levy, Slay. Ebron, Reid, and Taylor also have promise. The problem has been the offensive line being a clusterfuck the last couple seasons and the gaping hole in the middle of our defense created by losing Suh, Fairley, and Levy all at once last season. They should be better in both of those areas this season, Losing Calvin is a major blow, but they can compensate some by having a run game that is not abysmal. I don't think they're a playoff team this year but I don't think they're worse than the Bears. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Fuck look how gumpy Brady looks in this pick trying to do a cheers =))

Everyone has a "nucleus" of unproved talent.  Even the 49ers do.  But really, they're just not good at anything.  The identity of the Lions beforehand was a dominant outside talent and we'll do some other things too that keep you guessing. There's no vehicle for that anymore.

Surprised to see you both bring up Riddick, who seems like he is at best just a guy, and at worst a candidate to be cut.
    Lol you are hard core trolling if you think riddick is a candidate to get cut. Hes a feak with the ball in his hands and if you keep taking like that he will give you the stank leg. 

Him and Tate are two of the best guys around at getting the ball on 3rd down and getting to the sticks. 
    Yeah, his 3.1 YPC and 43 rushes really scream electric talent.  He's essentially only a utility player that is useful out of the backfield in the passing game. He won't be cut, but he's a one-trick pony.  Abdullah is a great talent, be happy with that. Riddick really isn't.
    Anyway, for clarity, I'm not sure they're worse than the Bears, but they're close. The Bears have some fringe potential to be kinda okay this year.  My love for Fangio knows no bounds.  I still wish they wound up with Zeke.
    He hasn't really been given a chance to run the ball. Plus our offensive line has been terrible. he was drastically underutilized under lombardi. If he's a one trick pony that can catch 80 balls and move the chains I'm fine with that. All you have t do is put on the tape to see that he is a dangerous player. 1 on 1 he will beat pretty much anyone.

abdullah could never touch the ball again and I'd be happy. 
    edited May 2016
    Im not saying hes a future back. Im just saying that the things he does do, he does them very very well. Every time he gets the ball he finishes going forward. I love his attitude for such a small guy. 

not every play in this real is electrifying. But his ability to make people miss in the open field is undeniable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Q-ldGh7Vc
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    edited May 2016
    Wine said:
    Everyone has a "nucleus" of unproved talent.  Even the 49ers do.  But really, they're just not good at anything.  The identity of the Lions beforehand was a dominant outside talent and we'll do some other things too that keep you guessing. There's no vehicle for that anymore.

Surprised to see you both bring up Riddick, who seems like he is at best just a guy, and at worst a candidate to be cut.
    The more guys who can reliably catch the ball, the easier it will be to replace Calvin's production. Riddick's basically a receiver, but we need pass catchers so that's fine. It'll be better for the Lions in the long run to not have Calvin as a crutch and actually improve the run game. The skill position players are actually quite good as far as I'm concerned, but the offensive line/poor coaching has sapped their effectiveness.

I wouldn't call Ansah, Levy, or Slay unproven at all. They're all studs, especially Ziggy.
    Post edited by JLRedWing13 on
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I guess we're in different positions with Riddick.  That's fair. Just consider him a role player at best, and not an essential member of that team.

Ansah is a difference maker, and Levy is also a quality player. Slay isn't an impact player at this point in his career, however. He's good, but his potential and hype have people way too excited about him.  He could certainly have a Norman like season one of these years, though.

Regardless, neither the offensive or defensive units have a top quality "thing."  I think you're right that they have an opportunity for better coaching, but I guess I'm trying to distinguish them from teams that have a thing. The Jaguars with the top flight receiving corps, the Vikings with AP, the Rams with Gurley/DL, the Jets with their DL.  Even lower quality teams still have excellent units. I'm not sure the Lions do.
    Defense is going to be top 5 again next year.