Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    I wonder how often they were testing him. I'm not saying he isn't dumb. He most likely knew it was coming. 

I just think its dumb they are trying to keep him from playing when we have guys like gronk regularly advertising themselves getting wasted in public and they seem to have 0 issue with it. 
    Rams just traded up for the number one pick. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rams got ripped off
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Yeah that's a lot to give up for a QB that's not a sure bet
    Yeah, unless the QB they draft ends up bringing the ship. 
    There haven't been many examples of trading up into the top 5 working recently
    Yeah they got ripped. But I don't think we really know the potential of this QB class. I'd say chances are slim but it could end up paying off. 

One thing ink about being in LA is that it won't be hard for them to pick up free agents so the lack of draft picks would hurt them less than some other teams. 
    I mean...it *could* always pay off. Drafting a QB in the 6th round *could* pay off. What happens peripheral to a deal like that matters though. Like when the Falcons traded up to get Julio. It's debatable if they did well on that trade, even with Julio being a boss and the Browns wasting all the picks we gave them. You put yourself in the position where every pick you make for the next couple of years has more pressure on it. Especially if you're not one piece away from being a contender. The Rams are okay, but the depth they're surrendering for this pick is likely going to cost them heavily over the next couple of years. They already had to let half their defense go this offseason. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    This was a PR move more than anything. New city, new face of the franchise
    Yeah for sure. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    I actually kinda like the deal for the Rams from a "What's a QB worth" perspective. I don't like the deal if it's Wentz, though.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod
    I've read reports saying they want Wentz, and reports they want Goff. Who knows. Also the Browns get screwed again unless they trade back, but their pick's trade value just took a major hit.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Completely disagree that CLE's trade value just took a hit. Prior to this trade, there were many scenarios where a QB fell out of the top 5. I don't think there's any way one falls out of the top 3 now, and CLE's pick is the only way to ensure you get him.

I like Goff a lot more than Wentz.  I'd hate to root against Goff, too.
    Lions start 3 of 4 on the road again :| 
    But two of them are at Chicago and Green Bay. I'll take not having to deal with those stadiums in November/December. Bigger problem is the North is going to be even tougher this season.
    Wine said:
    Completely disagree that CLE's trade value just took a hit. Prior to this trade, there were many scenarios where a QB fell out of the top 5. I don't think there's any way one falls out of the top 3 now, and CLE's pick is the only way to ensure you get him.

The Browns are probably taking whomever the Rams don't take. After Cleveland, the next likely landing spot for a QB is San Francisco at 7. So there's little to no incentive for teams to blow Cleveland away with an offer to land their pick. Not with the standard the Rams and Titans just set. Cleveland would probably prefer to move back, but I don't see it happening now.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Now that I know the game in Cleveland is later in the year in might try going with my dad. 
    image Photobucket
    But two of them are at Chicago and Green Bay. I'll take not having to deal with those stadiums in November/December. Bigger problem is the North is going to be even tougher this season.
    Wine said:

The Browns are probably taking whomever the Rams don't take. After Cleveland, the next likely landing spot for a QB is San Francisco at 7. So there's little to no incentive for teams to blow Cleveland away with an offer to land their pick. Not with the standard the Rams and Titans just set. Cleveland would probably prefer to move back, but I don't see it happening now.
    You're assuming the Cowboys don't go QB though 
    Wine said:

Every pick from 2-6 is for sale for any team with a QB need.  There is a huge incentive for someone to do a deal with CLE, because it ensures your position as getting the other guy.  If you deal with SD or DAL or someone, anyone can take that CLE spot ahead of you.  You'd have to take a huge chance on draft day for it.

CLE doesn't have to get a bounty like TEN did, but I'm sure the market for that pick has heated up really hard over the past day.
    SATAN said:
    Wine said:

You're assuming the Cowboys don't go QB though 
    You think they'd pass on someone like Bosa? I don't.
    Wine said:
    Wine said:

Every pick from 2-6 is for sale for any team with a QB need.  There is a huge incentive for someone to do a deal with CLE, because it ensures your position as getting the other guy.  If you deal with SD or DAL or someone, anyone can take that CLE spot ahead of you.  You'd have to take a huge chance on draft day for it.

CLE doesn't have to get a bounty like TEN did, but I'm sure the market for that pick has heated up really hard over the past day.
    I don't see the need to jump all the way up to 2. All that matters is that you're ahead of the next QB-seeking team, which in this case is San Francisco. The Browns might be better served taking Ramsey anyway.