Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    It's a crime that he's even suspended on the first place. 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It sucks and I almost want to feel bad for him but I can't. It's becoming legal more and more throughout the country but right now, the NFL says you can't do it. If you've failed every single drug test they've ever given you and they tell you you can't play anymore and then you keep trying to convince them to let you play, be a superstar and make enough money that you SHOULD be able to live comfortably the rest of your life...play by the fucking rules and don't fail another drug test. He's an idiot. 
    image Photobucket
    Nah fuck that some weed ery day fuck the system 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I like smoking just as much as the next guy, but if my livelihood was on the line you'd best believe I'd chill. I mean, he has money. Seems like he could find a better way to cure whatever ails him legally
    Nah fuck the nfl for holding the plant against the man. Look at the nba. Their biggest players get caught on camera with weed all the time and no one gives a shit.Fuck the NFL. 
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Champ said:
    Nah fuck that some weed ery day fuck the system 
    Would you lose a $5MM+ salary standing by this statement?
    It's a little hard to answer that question objectively since I have never had that kind of money. Wealth has never stood between me standing up for my beliefs though.

Regardless who who gives a shit about how much money he is losing. This dhouldnt be about money. It should be about how ridiculous the NFL looks for suspending him over a plant. Hit your women and we will try to cover it up for you, but smoke a plant and you're going down for good. 
    Totally agree with you, it's stupid as fuck

But, righ now thats how it is. It isn't hard to answer, it is his fault entirely at this point. 

If Kate Upton said I could fuck her but I had to wear one of those condoms that's studded for her pleasure, I might have the argument that that is totally stupid and knocks the experience for me you goddamn bet your ass I'm playing by her rules. 
    image Photobucket
    You sound like the guy on msnbc that kept saying "that's the rules" yesterday 
    One is problem that tells every single person in this country to go fuck theirself 

The other currently has an impact on a handful of people that play football. It's a shitty rule and I'm sure it will eventually change. Let the players union make that a big deal. I'm not going to petition for them. Either way it's not a major sacrifice for the entirely different life he could have. Especially when you have his talent and could have retired by the age of 30 and smoked all the pot you fucking want for the rest of your life. It took until 2015 to allow gay people to marry nationwide so the NFL being sluggish on changing their marijuana policy shouldn't be that mind blowing. 

Good comparison though. 
    image Photobucket
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Not really willing to compare a rule that disenfranchises millions of voters in the Democratic Party to the rule that prohibits NFL players from smoking weed, but okay.
    Well it's not comparable when it comes to scale of importance. Obviously the voter thing is more important. i was just saying he sounds like the dudes on tv. 

Just because it's a rule doesn't make it right. 

But that's the truth of it right now. I totally agree it's bullshit and should change. I took his side when they indefinitely suspended him but at this point I can't do that anymore lol Clearly he wants to play. If smoking were higher on his list then he can go full Ricky Williams. 
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Champ said:
    Well it's not comparable when it comes to scale of importance. Obviously the voter thing is more important. i was just saying he sounds like the dudes on tv. 

But it doesnt make the NFL wrong either. Its illegal. They cant condone or endorse players partaking in it. Its bad for their image. 

Yes the rule is dumb but Gordon is a fucking moron for throwing away a once in a lifetime opportunity.
    edited April 2016
    One is problem that tells every single person in this country to go fuck theirself 

The other currently has an impact on a handful of people that play football. It's a shitty rule and I'm sure it will eventually change. Let the players union make that a big deal. I'm not going to petition for them. Either way it's not a major sacrifice for the entirely different life he could have. Especially when you have his talent and could have retired by the age of 30 and smoked all the pot you fucking want for the rest of your life. It took until 2015 to allow gay people to marry nationwide so the NFL being sluggish on changing their marijuana policy shouldn't be that mind blowing. 

Good comparison though. 
    How do you know it's not a major sacrifice for him? How do we know he doesn't have some medical issue that marijuana helps alleviate. I'm not saying it's mind blowing that the NFL is behind on their policy, I'm saying it's an injustice that shouldn't just be shrugged off with a "well it's against the rules so fuck him"

you smoke weed on occasion don't you chuck? ( I know you said you don't like to much anymore I think?)

well doesnt your your job drug test? What about if you get hurt?Because of it does, and you smoke weed at all, then you're just being a hypocrite. 

this isn't a rule that just effects pro football players. It's a rule adopted by many companies that effects millions of Americans in the workplace, and the decisions they make with their personal lives outside of work. 

edited April 2016
    LEGEND said:
    Champ said:

But it doesnt make the NFL wrong either. Its illegal. They cant condone or endorse players partaking in it. Its bad for their image. 

Exactly. All it is when it comes down to it is a way to keep the propaganda machine against weed rolling. 

It hasnt been bad for the nba's image. It hasn't been bad for the UFC's image. ( neither really test for weed. The UFC only tests during fight week for it and there is such a high threshold you essentially have to have just smoked to test dirty like the Diaz brothers)

I actually have the worst luck in that area. I would love to smoke pot daily like I used to but it actually makes my depersonalization about 10x worse. It's horrible. I'm actually diagnosed now so it's not like im just making this shit up. 

Smoking pot and worrying about having to risk 16.50/hr is not in any way comparable to playing in the NFL and in no way would make me a hypocrite if I did smoke. 
    image Photobucket
    So its ok for you to break your works rules and smoke pot, but not ok for him?
    No, it's not okay. That's why they would fire me, and I would take responsibility for my actions. I failed a drug test and missed out on a really good job. I wasn't pissed at the law, I was really, really mad at myself because I knew it was my fault. 
    image Photobucket