Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    so the lions are 0-2 to the refs in their last 5 

you can suck my fucking dick

you know damn well that the refs costing you 2 of your last 5 games would have you irate. 

Reading the refs reasoning on the call... He thought during live game play that the bat was unintentional. And the rule was specifically targeted towards intentional hitting in the situation where offense and defense are going for the ball so def doesn't have unfair advantage of recovery. If he unintentionally tapped the ball, no penality. Now in slow motion replay it certainly looks like he did intend to tap but can't really fault ref for thinking it as unintentional. 
    no fucking way :|

on live TV it is clearly a bat. That is just a cop out if thats what the ref said 
    edited October 2015
    The first thing i thought when watching the play live was "are you fucking serious calvin, wait do they not call the bat a penalty if its in the end zone?"

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Shut the fuck up defender knocked it out of Calvin's hands anyway. Game was over. Like that really woulda saved the game if that was called. 8-|
    edited October 2015
    By rule we should have had the ball where he fumbled at the one yard line :|

with 1:47 to go and our defense eating the god alive. 

At the very least should have been OT 
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    It's on Wright to not touch the ball illegally and it's on the refs to call the rule correctly. It was a blown call. I don't see how anyone can argue that we shouldn't have had the ball at the 6-inch line.
    The Green bay blown call was much worse imho.

It's an obscure rule that no longer makes any sense because there wont be a single person in football that doesnt know this rule considering how big of a deal is being made of it. I get it, technically he violated the rule and the refs should have caught it. But it was so obscure that the ref didnt know it, or felt he didnt violate it... im sure we will hear from them.

Why do you think he batted the ball? Do you think he did it knowing full well what the rule was? Watching that replay I can't think of any reason why he does that other than he didnt know the rule. And the refs didnt know the rule either otherwise he would have called it. He was right there. So here we are crying about some obscure rule that neither the seahawks nor the refs knew about. And Detroit wants to make some big deal about it, how it's the most important rules ever, about how if that game was called right then they would have made it in next time for sure. Lots of what-ifs imo.

All game long, Seattle played better football than Detroit. Seattles offense was more effective, Seattle Defense was more effective, and Detroits offense couldnt get anything going. They had a few good sacks, and a couple lucky turn overs that frankly doesnt happen often to wilson. Other then that, you're shut out.
    Another useless fucking wake post of him talking out his ass.. Yea refs making six figures in the nfl don't know the rules :| 
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    4-12 at best ky.
    Yeah seriously. I know that rule from watching games. Iv seen it called 2-3 times the last couple of years.

INb4 ref didn't think he batted it. Regardless of the outcome of the game. Putting that aside, it was still clear he batted in full speed on live TV...and he was looking right at it :|
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Woke up and thought it was just a dream. Damn

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    All bullshit aside, Seattle should be pretty concerned that they were inches away from losing at home to an injury-depleted Lions team that couldn't move the ball for 58 minutes.

Yeah their offense is terrible. Jones should have sacked Wilson on that play before their touchdown and we wouldn't even be talking about this. 
    God
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah seriously. I know that rule from watching games. Iv seen it called 2-3 times the last couple of years.
    Lol no you havent
    edited October 2015
    100%  have

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/06/patriots-clinched-a-2013-win-after-correct-illegal-batting-call/

knew right away it should have been a penalty but wasn't sure if the rule was different in the end zone
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2015
    By rule we should have had the ball where he fumbled at the one yard line :|

with 1:47 to go and our defense eating the god alive. 

At the very least should have been OT 
    Correction. By rule you'd have the ball if that pat out of bounds had been intentional. The ref and others have said it appeared unintentional. I'm not saying it was or wasn't, but I can see how both sides might think that. 

Regardless of what you think, as as the play went down the ref thought it was unintentional contact. The play wasn't reviewable so fault your replay rules. Who knows what would have happened if the play could have been reviewed. 

Hell even detroits own staff wasn't making a big deal of it at the time because they also thought it must have been unintentional 

#lionssuck
    Calling it now. Detroit starts 0-5
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    Bold prediction. 
    Honestly I think Chicago will beat them too but won't call that because there is no way they should lose to Chicago. If I betted on sports though, I'd put money on Chicago winning
    im not feeding the troll. It obvious on live tv in full motion it was a bat 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    100%  have

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/06/patriots-clinched-a-2013-win-after-correct-illegal-batting-call/

knew right away it should have been a penalty but wasn't sure if the rule was different in the end zone
    Yeah i'm sure you watched a random Pats-Dolphins game 2 years ago ky.