Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Detroit's going to be 0-5. Arizona's better than Seattle
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Watch them enforce that rule next year or make that reviewable. Leave it to the Lions to expose another loophole.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Was watching the game with Rex now I can't find my bleach
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    need to tell all them niggas to get out of the showers and suit up again and restart that motherfucker

It's always something with Detroit fans. It's never that they just weren't the better team... Always come down to ref making a bad call. It's been 50 years without getting to the superbowl..... take some responsibility!
    We didn't deserve to win after fumbling at the 1 but fuck. That's a massive oversight.
    edited October 2015
    We didn't deserve to win after fumbling at the 1 but fuck. That's a massive oversight.
    I dont really fault detroit for that fumble, kam made a perfect hit.
    It was a great play. I'm just dumbfounded that the ref staring at the ball missed it. Blandino's already admitted they fucked up.
    edited October 2015
    It was a great play. I'm just dumbfounded that the ref staring at the ball missed it. Blandino's already admitted they fucked up.
    Im not denying it. but to be fair that bat wasnt even necessary. There was no one around him... should have just picked it up and no controversy at all. Obviously someone didnt know the rule, but everyone does now
    They're going to make this reviewable. Maybe as soon as next week. 
    Hell... the ball was bouncing out in like 0.2 seconds with no assistence. there was no one close to him... so cry me a river.
    Then why touch it? It's illegal to bat the ball. Period. There is no gray area in that. 
    If he picks the ball up, safety, game over.

If he just doesnt touch the ball, seattle's ball, game over.

Or, refs blow a call that wouldnt affect the game and game over. 
    Then why touch it? It's illegal to bat the ball. Period. There is no gray area in that. 
    No clue... My Guess? He didnt know the rule. Not saying that justifies it, but I also think it's silly to cry about that.
    It's on Wright to not touch the ball illegally and it's on the refs to call the rule correctly. It was a blown call. I don't see how anyone can argue that we shouldn't have had the ball at the 6-inch line.
    edited October 2015
    It's on Wright to not touch the ball illegally and it's on the refs to call the rule correctly. It was a blown call. I don't see how anyone can argue that we shouldn't have had the ball at the 6-inch line.
    The Green bay blown call was much worse imho.

It's an obscure rule that no longer makes any sense because there wont be a single person in football that doesnt know this rule considering how big of a deal is being made of it. I get it, technically he violated the rule and the refs should have caught it. But it was so obscure that the ref didnt know it, or felt he didnt violate it... im sure we will hear from them.

Why do you think he batted the ball? Do you think he did it knowing full well what the rule was? Watching that replay I can't think of any reason why he does that other than he didnt know the rule. And the refs didnt know the rule either otherwise he would have called it. He was right there. So here we are crying about some obscure rule that neither the seahawks nor the refs knew about. And Detroit wants to make some big deal about it, how it's the most important rules ever, about how if that game was called right then they would have made it in next time for sure. Lots of what-ifs imo.

All game long, Seattle played better football than Detroit. Seattles offense was more effective, Seattle Defense was more effective, and Detroits offense couldnt get anything going. They had a few good sacks, and a couple lucky turn overs that frankly doesnt happen often to wilson. Other then that, you're shut out.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,667 spicy boy
    Shouldn't be a pro ref if you don't know the rules. 
    :| The reason why the player batted it out doesn't matter. It is illegal. Black and white, it's a foul. Blandino just said the back judge felt it wasn't "overt" enough to call. Bullshit. It was clearly intentional. Why not just grab the ball and possess it yourself? It's a rule and the official knew and chose not to enforce it. He was wrong.

I'm not debating Seattle was the better team. But it's not a debate that the call was missed.