Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,600 spicy boy
    lombardi is the worst OC in football 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    What happened to that Lions #1 defense doe =))
    edited September 2015
    our best player has been out. He happens to be a top 5 linebacker. 

ngata hasn't got it done doe

They did play pretty well against the #32 ranked offense last night though. 
    Post edited by Rex_Capone420 on
    our best player has been out. He happens to be a top 5 linebacker. 

ngata hasn't got it done doe

They did play pretty well against the #32 ranked offense last night though. 
    Not really. They gave up 24 points and 2 long bombs from noodle armed Manning.
    I should say improved from the first two weeks. Coverage was good all night. Manning played a pertty good game
    Who's that Abdullah or whatever? Dude was quick as fuck. 
    ameer

second round draft pick out of nebraska 

Fucking retarded how Lombardi kept using bell last night. Ameer has the quickness to make plays even when there is no hole. Bell is slow and fat. Play calling was abysmal last night.

>down by 5 4th qtr.
    >averaged 1.8 yards per carry
    >1st and 10 run ball for one yard with slowest RB
    >2& 9 lets run a screen play up the middle to the least athletic pass catcher we have who also is too slow to run the ball for minus 3 yards
    >oh yeah now that its third and long lets draw up a pass play to throw to calvin

Lombardi set stafford up for that second INT. Fuck him. 
    oh yeah

Did lombardi not remember his play call on a 2pt conversion from the week before?

Cause it was the exact same play week 3. a shot gun run for 0 yards with our worst RB

:| the exact same play with the exact same result

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF. 
    Yeah that dude's a playmaker he should've gotten the ball more.

i also dont understand why you guys were throwing dink and dunk 5 yard passes when you were on our 20 with like 2 minutes left
    yeah i was pretty irate about that.

#FireLombardi
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Caldwell needs to take over play calling. Fuck it, we've got nothing to lose anymore. Lombardi is bad but until the offensive line improves it really isn't going to matter who calls plays. Bell and Abdullah were both getting snowed in behind the line of scrimmage.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    You guys are acting like you expected Detroit to be a top team this year.  Did you?
    After dumping our two worst offensive linemen, another year in Lombardi's offense, a few decent draft picks, retaining a pretty good linebacking corps and secondary plus Austin as our DC? I didn't expect 11-5 again. I expected a step back in record, but they'd at least be in the mix for a wild card.
    Well, I think that schedule always was going to be rough on them.  I think it's hard to not think of them as the odd team out in the NFCN.  They played three games against teams that are either worse or marginally better than them, and they couldn't win.  It's just hard seeing Stafford not improve and thinking that team can really compete.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Wine said:
    You guys are acting like you expected Detroit to be a top team this year.  Did you?
    Hell naw, called doom before season started. This is how you can tell J ended up being more delusional than Marc.

I thought going into the year it was possible for them to split the first 4 games. They had San Diego down and Minnesota is still figuring itself out and got whacked by a horrible 49ers team. I didn't think the offensive line would be this awful. Hard to see improvement from Stafford when you've got nothing to work with as far as a pocket.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Time to rebuild 

edited September 2015
    I thought going into the year it was possible for them to split the first 4 games. They had San Diego down and Minnesota is still figuring itself out and got whacked by a horrible 49ers team. I didn't think the offensive line would be this awful. Hard to see improvement from Stafford when you've got nothing to work with as far as a pocket.
    Yeah, I think that probably was doable, but I don't think that there were many ways for them to not start the season in a 2-3 type scenario at best.  While, looking at it now, the schedule gets cake down the road, 4 losses or so leaves a 1 or 2 game margin for error going forward in a league where it's hard to win week to week.

Honestly, I think the defense has played alright considering they're missing a top 5 defensive player in the NFC, and that defense seems to stay on the field all day.  I only really watched the Sunday game and the Vikings one, and they looked like they should.  An okay team.
    Levy's absence has pretty much meant offenses can papercut us to death with short passes. Reid was supposed to be a big part of our interior line, and he only returned from his injury last night, and Ngata missed all of preseason. Still, I thought Austin would adjust better than he has in three games. Those touchdowns surrendered at the end of both halves yesterday were pretty much the Broncos perfectly countering our playcalls.
    How many o linemen are new for you guys this year?