Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dime said:
    Its more just me. I don't football. I'll sit down, shut the fuck up and watch the game if one of my Dad or Brothers is watching but I don't get to into it. Me being in this thread is kinda like MC being in the weed thread. Come to think of it, idk what the fuck I'm doing in this thread. 
    There's maybe 10 active threads. I open the comic books thread and I don't give a shit about comics or comic movies but when literally any thread has action you'll eventually open it. 

Another good ol days moment...back when there were so many threads that a lot of them had a general group of people that were always on it. Like the bored at work thread....I never went in that shit. People talking about their office jobs and whatnot
    Exactly haha this gets alot of hits so I figured why the fuck not? 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    SATAN said:
    I'd keep Stafford because he's still relatively young, but they should trade Megatron if they can find a taker for his contract. All involved should take notes from what happened with Andre Johnson where the Texans wasted his prime years rebuilding only to get nothing out of him at the end. 
    I don't think the window is closed on this core yet. Even if they flame out this year, almost everyone important that I can think of is under contract. Both lines improving and getting healthy will solve a lot of issues.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    Do you really believe the Lions ever had a super bowl winning core?  Let alone have one now?
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I once made a bet with my dad over who would be the better quarterback between Matthew Stafford and Sam Bradford. My choice was Stafford and other for those years where he lit it up and hit 5,000...neither of them is a clear winner. Bradford amf the eagles are horrible, but if Stafford actually gets benched...does that mean I lose?
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Not with Caldwell and staff
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I once made a bet with my dad over who would be the better quarterback between Matthew Stafford and Sam Bradford. My choice was Stafford and other for those years where he lit it up and hit 5,000...neither of them is a clear winner. Bradford amf the eagles are horrible, but if Stafford actually gets benched...does that mean I lose?
    I'd say Stafford is clearly better at this point. 
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I'd say stafford was better the whole time 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    Yeah stafford

hea def not getting benched :|

if he could stay off his back he might actually have a chance. 
    Kam rejoined the seahawks today. 

Gay 
    0 hope they go owen
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Kam rejoined the seahawks today. 

Gay 
    I want him off the team.
    Didn't he say something about how some players understand and other don't, but thankfully he is a forgiving person.

No Kam, you aren't the one that forgives in this situation lol you are the one walking back with your tail between your legs. Didn't he also lose more money than the holdout was over anyway?
    image Photobucket
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    He lost close to 2.2 Million for his hold out of 2 games into 2015. He was set to make 5.6 Million this year, so now the best he can hope for is 3.4M. And yes the funny thing is all he was really asking for is to have some money moved from his 2017 salary and put into his 2015. From what I read, he wasn't even asking for more money, just didn't want it back loaded.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I think a player should keep up his end of the contract and play the games he said he would play. On the flip side it sucks when a player has a career ending injury and they are just cut like they are yesterday's trash. I understand why teams do it (cap) but it still sucks.

You know what they should do... Teams should be able to have a budget to pay players that are injured that doesn't count against their cap. Then teams would be less motivated to just drop someone when they get injured. I imagine if that is the case then this issue for Kam probably wouldnt have been that big of a deal... maybe

• WineWine Posts: 841 balls deep
    He lost close to 2.2 Million for his hold out of 2 games into 2015. He was set to make 5.6 Million this year, so now the best he can hope for is 3.4M. And yes the funny thing is all he was really asking for is to have some money moved from his 2017 salary and put into his 2015. From what I read, he wasn't even asking for more money, just didn't want it back loaded.

I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand I think a player should keep up his end of the contract and play the games he said he would play. On the flip side it sucks when a player has a career ending injury and they are just cut like they are yesterday's trash. I understand why teams do it (cap) but it still sucks.

You know what they should do... Teams should be able to have a budget to pay players that are injured that doesn't count against their cap. Then teams would be less motivated to just drop someone when they get injured. I imagine if that is the case then this issue for Kam probably wouldnt have been that big of a deal... maybe

People will throw that $2.2MM around saying that he lost money with this holdout, but I'd be really surprised if he was actually fined for that.  I'm willing to bet that at the end of the day, the 0-2 Seahawks and a bored Kam Chancellor realized $1MM wasn't worth fighting over, so they just put this behind them.  No fines, no raise, nothing.

I think it's kind of hard to truly blame the players when they hold out.  Guys like Chancellor probably have 6-10 years max of value, and they are most likely supporting themselves and their family.  Life after football will be very rough for them, probably working a low paying job and relying upon whatever they saved, probably nothing, from their football career to sustain their lifestyle.  If they don't get every penny out of their teams while they can, it can mean having to work 16+ hrs a day just to support your 12 kids by 7 Moms.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Wine said:
    Do you really believe the Lions ever had a super bowl winning core?  Let alone have one now?
    I never said anything about a Super Bowl, but it's too early to scrap the core when we're about to replace Jones, Tulloch, Mathis, Ihedigbo, etc in the near future anyway and have finally started to draft more consistently. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    :|

mfw our first round pick can't even beat out manny Ramirez 
    lions gonna put it in denvers ass sunday 
    lions gonna put it in denvers ass sunday 
    Yeah you fucking wish. Our front 7 is gonna rape Stafford. You guys lost to the Vikings =))
    Vikings got a solid team. Not great but solid. 

We're a different team at ford field anyways. 

Who the fuck was at the scheduling office and said "how about we make the falcons knock out their four NFC East games in the first five weeks?" Doesn't seem to impact them too much since their odds of going 3-0 this week are nice 
    image Photobucket