Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    The more I hear about all nfl teams' sneaky bullshit the less I give a fuck about the sport .. Just another thing in life that's just one big lie
    Going into an opponents locker room and taking their plays is fucking cheating and if Rex disagrees he should fucking kill himself
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rex is Brady and Belicheat's biggest dick rider... 

Every cheat thing they've ever done is common around the league according to him. Fuck you and fuck New England
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    It does seem suspicious now that Belichik went from scrub coach with the Browns and Brady a 6th round nobody to GOAT
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,599 spicy boy
    I'm not saying they aren't cheating.

I'm just saying this isn't anything new. These reports came out a good 7 years ago when this was all first going on.  You all act like this is the first time anyone has ever been accused of steeling a playbook. Show me some actual proof they actually did anything and i will agree with you.

I honestly don't care doe. I'm not getting into this again.

I am so fucking sick about hearing/watching about the patriots. 
    The nfl network season preview is goat 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Patriots vs Steelers tonight...

LETS GO PATS!!!
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    edited September 2015

But did the Patriots really gain a competitive advantage? Not according to Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and former NFL coach Mike Shanahan. Both said Wednesday Belichick and the Patriots didn't do anything other teams weren't already trying. The Patriots just got caught.

shanahan, who spent 20 seasons as a head coach with the Raiders, Broncos and Redskins, said during an appearance on "The Dan Patrick Show" that "everybody was trying to steal signals" when he coached. 

“Some of the best quarterbacks in the league had different cue cards from the sideline, depending what defense or blitz, and tried to do everything they could," said Shanahan, who won a pair of Super Bowls with the Broncos. "They looked at (videotaping) for a lot of years and came up with a final verdict. I could go back and tell you a hundred different stories.”

One of the more serious allegations was that the Patriots bugged opposing team's locker rooms, but Shanahan said that was commonplace.

“We’d have people sweep the locker room for devices,” he said. “It was with a number of teams, same thing on the sideline.”

Mike shanahan defending the patriots saying everybody cheats 

Ky jake

- so tired of talking about it
    If everyone cheats then all that says is the sport is a joke 
    :|

trying to bend the rules and gain an advantage is nothing new. It happens in literally every sport. 

stealing signs in baseball from a lot of fans perspective is a serious offense. Yet pretty much every team in the game has someone hired because of their ability to steal signs. 
    You're so fucking full of shot Rex it's insane 
    There are rules period, there is no bending them.. If everyone breaks the rule then it means you're rules are pointless and your sport is a joke

edited September 2015
    Lol you're the one who's ignorant. 

You literally know dick about sports. 

In the 80's and 90's (probably before that as well) it was common for baseball teams have candy jars full of amphetamines just sitting out in their locker room. Before the fans found out about steroid's the MLB was encouraging the use of steroid's.

I'm not saying i agree with cheating, i just think bending the rules happens a lot more than you guys think in professional sports.

i think pretty good evidence of that is that nearly every player to speak out on the patriots, has sided with the patriots. 
    edited September 2015
    I'm not ignorant at al, I've watched sports my entire life
    sports are supposed to be objective, that is the entire fucking point
    rationalizing cheating is the dumbest shit I've ever heard..
    its very simple if there has always been cheating than sports haven't been real. 
    If the playing field isn't fair then you never really know who the best is.
    so you're saying it's almost wrong for you to be play sports straight up because, ultimately , most people cheat so you'd need to cheat in order to level the field ? A fucking joke 
    if the NFL was legit they'd cut down on all this bullshit and make cheating serious and have way more serious penalties 
    A true sportsman wins based off his abilities and hard work, not based on the borderline grey cheating shot they can get away with fukkovz
    Yeah i don't agree with it. All im trying to do is point out that pretty much every sport lets people slide on certain things.

Take the NBA's drug policy for example. Yes weed is illegal. You're not allowed to smoke weed if you play. The NBA knows its would be suicide to enforce this with an iron fist. So what do they do? They allow players 2 failed tests before they even show up on the substance abuse report. You have to fail 3 tests in order to make it into there substance abuse program.
    0 fuck about dumb rules like that tho. It has literally 0 bearing on the ability to preform the sport. Stealing someone's playbook is deliberately cheating and giving you an advantage that others don't have. A Ayer smoking weed in the offseason means diddly shit. Now steroids is a different story, I think it should be a one time perma ban if caught.. Guess what? Players would stop taking them
    . Stealing someone's playbook is deliberately cheating 
    They were never caught taking someone's playbook doe