Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    so the last 3 years of his contract the cap numbersfor romo are all north of 23 million =)) =)) =))
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    =)) cowboys fucked. =)) =))
    edited April 2015
    MU is so jacked. It just posted a message from another thread here when I wasnt even in this thread.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    so the last 3 years of his contract the cap numbersfor romo are all north of 23 million =)) =)) =))
    Cause they are trying to win NOW and not in the future. Something the Lions don't know anything about ;) 
    lol the lions have a better team and more cap flexibility =))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Beat you last year and we've only gotten better 
    image Photobucket
    yeah, cause loosing one of the leagues best running backs and signing a guy who is gonna be suspended for close to 1/2 the year is getting better =))

and the refs beat us ky 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Cowboys are fucked this year. Last year wouldn't have happened without Murray now Homo has to throw again. 

romo is going to be 36,37 and 38 during those years =))
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    edited April 2015
    So the cowboys have restructured Romo's contract freeing up 12.8Million of cap space for next year. That's an odd thing to do huh considering all the big name FA are gone, including losing their star RB....

In completely unrelated news, Peterson is apparently set to make 12.75 Million next year, and has stated he will not play in Minn again.
    It doesn't matter what Peterson says. He has no leverage in the situation. If he wants a big payday in 2016 he has no choice but to play. Minnesota shouldn't trade him unless a team is willing to overpay with a couple high draft picks. 

Plus the Cowboys have to factor in their draft picks, McClain's new contract, and Hardy's potential earnings if he were to play. It's not as simple as just clearing space to add Peterson.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    edited April 2015
    I still don't agree with signing Hardy, I don't like him. But we resigned Rolando and Lee will be back. Murray won't be the guy from last year regardless so I'm not stressing it. Again, I'm not flip flopping and saying he sucks because he left. I think if we draft someone like Gordon, all the horses in the stable will be as good as we need. 
    image Photobucket
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    Chuckless said:
    I still don't agree with signing Hardy, I don't like him. 
    wut...
    I think he's a shitty person and I don't think much of his "second chance" and I don't think you can just easily justify it with a couple sacks on the field. I understand the business is winning games, but I'd rather have just avoided him. 
    image Photobucket
    So the cowboys have restructured Romo's contract freeing up 12.8Million of cap space for next year. That's an odd thing to do huh considering all the big name FA are gone, including losing their star RB....

In completely unrelated news, Peterson is apparently set to make 12.75 Million next year, and has stated he will not play in Minn again.
    It doesn't matter what Peterson says. He has no leverage in the situation. If he wants a big payday in 2016 he has no choice but to play. Minnesota shouldn't trade him unless a team is willing to overpay with a couple high draft picks. 

Plus the Cowboys have to factor in their draft picks, McClain's new contract, and Hardy's potential earnings if he were to play. It's not as simple as just clearing space to add Peterson.
    I said "in completely unrelated news" :D
    Chuckless said:
    I still don't agree with signing Hardy, I don't like him. But we resigned Rolando and Lee will be back. Murray won't be the guy from last year regardless so I'm not stressing it. Again, I'm not flip flopping and saying he sucks because he left. I think if we draft someone like Gordon, all the horses in the stable will be as good as we need. 
    Murray hasn't hit the running back wall yet. You seriously think his not going to put up good numbers in a offense thats designed to fit his exact running style? That almost as bad as saying suh won't be dominant in Miami. Not quite as drastic but you're fooling yourself if you think Murray is just going to flop this year. 2 years from now? Sure. 
    I was just saying he's not getting 1600 yards. Obviously I don't think he hit his wall because I wanted him back. I just think that with the line in Dallas, it isn't unreasonable to believe that we're not dead in the water and unable to run because he left. 
    image Photobucket
    you're just in denial because he went to the eagles. cowboys will be under .500 this year.
    lol okay I'm in denial
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'm with Chuck, I'd rather not overpay a running back into his 30s unless he's a special player.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    and still no rb. lol